My stay was for two days prior to a cruise. The hotel provides a free shuttle to/ from the airport and a shuttle from the hotel to the cruiseport which costs $8. I arrived mid-afternoon and called the hotel when I had my luggage. They provided me with exact instructions on where to go outside the terminal and what the van would look like. The van arrived in about 20 minutes.
Check-in was very quick and easy. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. I had a 32 inch TV (around that size anyway) and a work desk where you could hardwire into their network (they do have WiFi though).
There is not much around the hotel. There is a strip mall across the street with a Winn-Dixie, a restaurant, pizza take-out, liquor store, etc. There are a couple of other restaurants reasonably close and the hotel has a deal with a restaurant called KiKi's (in the Crowne Plaza hotel I believe). They will come and pick you up and bring you back.
The restaurant across the street is called Slackers. It's a sports type bar with lots of TV's. I went there twice, enjoyed it and would go back. They have daily specials on drinks and food. Note that smoking is allowed in the restaurant (from what I read due to food/drink ratios). They do have a good smoke removal system though and as mentioned I would go back (I'm a non-smoker).
The hotel has a breakfast bar which had, when I was there:
. 4 types of cereal
. Sausage patties
. Bread, bagels, biscuits (and a toaster), butter, jams
. Scrambled Eggs
Those are all I can remember. It was a good way to start the day.
The hotel has:
. Free WiFi which worked well
. An outdoor pool - lots of chairs
. Exercise room - did not use
. Free shuttle as mentioned
The staff were all very friendly. I'd recommend this location for a pre/post cruise stay. For a longer stay, you'll need a car as there is not much within walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port is located near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port & Broward County Convention Center - the perfect choice for a business or leisure stay. The beaches, Shops of Las Olas, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment district, downtown, Museums, Theaters, Malls and a variety of restaurants & local attractions are all within a short drive.The hotel pampers guests daily by serving a complimentary 'Express Start breakfast bar' along with USA Today news. Free high-speed Internet access is available in all guest rooms & suites plus free local calls, microwave/fridge, & coffee maker. The Marina Mile Meeting Room, Express Board Room & business center features high-speed Internet access. Adding to the many guest amenities & services to assure your stay is comfortable & pleasant an exercise room with state-of-the-art equipment, Coin laundry room, and outdoor heated pool in a tropical garden setting are on-site.A complimentary shuttle is available from 5:30 AM to midnight to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport. Drop-off transportation to Port Everglades cruise port is available on a complimentary basis. 'A completely non-smoking hotel.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn