My family sailed out of Fort Lauderdale on a cruise in May, and we stayed the previous night at the Holiday Inn Express on State Road 84. The hotel shuttle picked us up from the airport and made a few stops at nearby hotels before dropping us off at Holiday Inn Express. Our rooms were clean and neat, beds were comfortable, air conditioner and shower were satisfactory, and complementary breakfast the next morning was plentiful and good. There was a shopping plaza across the road that had a Winn Dixie, where we bought wine for the cruise. I think there was a McDonald’s and a Wendy’s there, but not much else within safe walking distance food-wise.
The hotel has an arrangement with a shuttle service called All Star; we used it to get to Las Olas Blvd. on Saturday night and also to take us to the port Sunday morning. There was a schedule for port shuttles when we checked in, and we got the earliest one, which was at 10:00am. Shuttle prices vary depending on number of people and destination; for six of us going to Las Olas, it was $18 one way. I don’t remember the price of the ride to the port the next morning, but I believe it was similar to most hotel-port shuttle costs in the area.
If you don't have a car, you're pretty much stuck at the hotel unless you're willing to pay for transportation to a different area of the city. But for a one-night stay before a cruise, it met our needs and was satisfactory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port is located near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port & Broward County Convention Center - the perfect choice for a business or leisure stay. The beaches, Shops of Las Olas, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment district, downtown, Museums, Theaters, Malls and a variety of restaurants & local attractions are all within a short drive.The hotel pampers guests daily by serving a complimentary 'Express Start breakfast bar' along with USA Today news. Free high-speed Internet access is available in all guest rooms & suites plus free local calls, microwave/fridge, & coffee maker. The Marina Mile Meeting Room, Express Board Room & business center features high-speed Internet access. Adding to the many guest amenities & services to assure your stay is comfortable & pleasant an exercise room with state-of-the-art equipment, Coin laundry room, and outdoor heated pool in a tropical garden setting are on-site.A complimentary shuttle is available from 5:30 AM to midnight to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport. Drop-off transportation to Port Everglades cruise port is available on a complimentary basis. 'A completely non-smoking hotel.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn