We stayed here the night before our cruise left. Since we didn't plan on renting a car, we picked this hotel based on its airport shuttle, cruise terminal shuttle, and availability to food.
We called the day before we arrived, asking about the shuttle and were given instructions to call when our flight landed. Long story short - we waited at the airport for almost an hour before the shuttle came. I don't know if the front desk was just super busy, but we kept calling and asking for clarifications but the phone would often just ring and ring, and the people were less than helpful. To make things more fun, we saw 4 other Holiday Inn shuttles go past us - all for different hotels, and all with surly drivers. Eventually the right shuttle came and we got on with other couples that had also been waiting a while. Luckily we weren't in a hurry that evening.
Once we got to the hotel, everything was great. Front desk staff was friendly, our room was very large and clean, and there was even a little kitchen in it. It would have been great for a longer stay. Breakfast was pretty crowded, but food was hot and was restocked often.
The location of the hotel is good - close to the cruise terminals and to grocery stores, restaurants, etc. We walked to a nearby restaurant and the hotel helped us arrange a shuttle to the cruise terminal. We were pleased overall!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port is located near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port & Broward County Convention Center - the perfect choice for a business or leisure stay. The beaches, Shops of Las Olas, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment district, downtown, Museums, Theaters, Malls and a variety of restaurants & local attractions are all within a short drive.The hotel pampers guests daily by serving a complimentary 'Express Start breakfast bar' along with USA Today news. Free high-speed Internet access is available in all guest rooms & suites plus free local calls, microwave/fridge, & coffee maker. The Marina Mile Meeting Room, Express Board Room & business center features high-speed Internet access. Adding to the many guest amenities & services to assure your stay is comfortable & pleasant an exercise room with state-of-the-art equipment, Coin laundry room, and outdoor heated pool in a tropical garden setting are on-site.A complimentary shuttle is available from 5:30 AM to midnight to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport. Drop-off transportation to Port Everglades cruise port is available on a complimentary basis. 'A completely non-smoking hotel.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn