“Las olas”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South East 8th Ave
Transit: Yes
Description: Indigo Restaurant at the Riverside Hotel in downtown Ft. Lauderdale on Las Olas Boulevard invites you to enjoy the inventive creations of Chef Toby Joseph. Lively flavors will inspire you to come back again and again. Sip from our extensive collection of fine cordials and exclusive wine list. Our Sommelier will recommend pairings to enhance your experience! Attentive servers will leave you wanting for nothing while you dine inside or al fresco on Las Olas Boulevard!Rise & dine for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily!
Kiev, Ukraine
“Las olas”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It was our first time at this restaurant. Our friends invited us several times for brunch, but we could never make it.I registered on their website, so I receive reminders about specials every week. This week I saw that they have 1/2 price drinks and appetizers after 5:30. There was something about dogs, but I really didn't pay much attention to that part.
I offered to my husband to check it out, especially after we heard from our friends about this place.
So we go for a walk first, then walk into the hotel from back yard, where we see one couple with a puppy outside.
We sat and my husband went inside to ask about specials that I read about. A bartender says

that it's only during the week. Hmm, I say, let me go ask her, because this is what I read today.

I go inside and ask her if she knows anything about after 5:30 half price event. She immediately
turned very assertive and says, do you mean canine happy hour? Yes, I say, I saw there
something about dogs. But you have to have a dog, she says. O, didn't know that, I said, I really
didn't pay attention to that part. Otherwise anyone can just walk in and take advantage of our
specials, she goes. What? Excuse me? First, what's with the tone of voice, also with one person
outside you better have someone just walk in, at least you ll have some business

Then she goes on with the same assertiveness, which is really stupid for a bartender that relies
on tip. Finally I told her that she doesn't have to have this tone of with me. She said that I told her she was lying. Did you actualy hear the word lying, I asked her . Yes, she said, you told me I was lying. Ok, I thought, the woman is nuts.I told her that I will talk about her behavior with a manager. Ok, she says, with the same tone of voice.
I calle d a manager. I give it 5 stars for the way it was handled by a manager. Not only she
assured us tat she would take care of this issue, she also got us 2 drinks on a house. We had some appetizers that were real good, and the whole evening was lovely, with sitting outside, people watching and beatifull cool weather.
Bartender was a sweetheart, flying in and out, smiley.

Now, the question I have in my mind, how in an economy where people are striving for any job,
you have someone like the feisty bartender we encountered that allows herself to behave like
that especially in establishment like this. I just put myself on a place of a manger of this beatifull hotel that wants to attra t as much business as possible, hiring someone like her, and then getting reviews like mine.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank yanochka2

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Pick your server”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My food was good but I was there 2 days in a row and one day the service was slooow and the next day it was wonderful..Ask for DJ he was good and helpful...Drinks from the bar seem to take a long time to come??? I've had these same feelings last year when I was here...Some of the wait staff should move on..

1 Thank ChrisAllentown_Pa
dobrikowh, General Manager at Indigo Restaurant, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Good day,
Glad you enjoyed DJ, who is one of our Best waiters.

Naples, Florida
“Feels like New Orleans”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My son and I enjoyed the Sunday Brunch at Indigo, located in the Riverside Hotel. The morning was a spectacular mix of sunshine and rain-bursts. Typical S. Florida weather. Sitting out doors, a flock of noisy green parrots entertained us while we consumed Eggs Benedict and home made Corned Beef Hash, Cheddar Grits, great home fried breakfast potatoes, delicious coffee and $3.00 Bloody Marys. Our waiter, Nick, was attentive and the entertainer played the horn and sang just like Sachmo! Wait? Where are we? I almost forgot. Not New Orleans, but Las Olas Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale. The scenic view included beautiful people and expensive cars trolling Las Olas. The restaurant was dog friendly and kid friendly (which is great for people with kids and dogs, not so much for those who don't share that concept) Never the less, we loved it. We will be back often.

1 Thank MayZKat
Good day,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the Sunday Brunch at Indigo and the live entertainment.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“JUST AVERAGE THIS TIME COULD BE BETTER”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

THis Restauarant is located on the awesome Ls Olas Blvd. Nice seating area outside and nice decor inside. Good variety on the menu. Ducky Tours recommended this place to the passengers. Service was good but the food could have been better. Not real busy at the time we visited. I got the Filet. It was good and tender but just warm. The sides must have been waiting for the steak because they were just barely warm. My wife's food was the same way. I little disappointed.

1 Thank Garry D
Good day,
I am glad you completed the tripadvisor and provided your valuable feedback. I shared your comments with my team to improve our performance.

Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
“Sunday Brunch - Yes, Dinner - Not so much”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been a few times for Sunday brunch outside. Food and service are ok, but it is mainly a laid back outdoor setting on Las Olas where you can listen to some music, get a bite to eat and do some people watching. Hard to beat that and it is usally fairly crowded on Sundays.

We went with some friends recently for dinner inside. Much quieter, no music and not really that busy. The hotel itself does have a nice decor, with a nearby parking lot and a valet service in the back. The only downside was a slowly dripping a/c vent over my shoulder in the restaurant.

Service was good, but we expected a little more from the menu. My wife and I both had fish dishes and thought they were pretty avg and uninspiring. The bread was hard/old, tho they did quickly replace it when we asked. Prices seemed fair for the area.

I will say the chicken sandwich and fries at a neighboring table did look very good. Maybe that is the way to go.

Good Day,
So happy to see that you liked our Sunday Brunch, but realize that we did not perform the same during your dinner experience. Sorry about that experience.