“Good Breakfast Choice”

New York City, New York
1,019 restaurant reviews
“Good Breakfast Choice”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Original Pancake House is on Federal Highway, a little bit off the beaten tourist track of the beach.
It's clean, bright and has a feel of a 1960's pancake house.
The service was good, my coffee cup was always full.
I had a half order of pancakes and biscuits and gravy. Both were just the way I hoped they would be. I had plenty of food and the price was a reasonable for all the food I got.
I would certainly return anytime I am hungry for a good hearty breakfast in Fort Lauderdale!

• Visited July 2014

“Mediocre at best!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I had breakfast here today . We were greeted and seated right away. The fresh squeezed orange juice was pricey but delicious. We waited 30 minutes for our food and the restaurant was only half full. I must admit we were very disappointed with the quality of our food. The portiin sizes were huge but the food lacked in taste. The butter didn't even melt when we put it on our toast. The biggest disappointment was the way the manager blatantly demeaned her employees in the middle of the dining room in front of customers. We witnessed this twice in the 1 hr we were at the restaurant. Overall we were not pleased and will not return to OHOP!

• Visited July 2014
Wilton Manors, Florida
“I finally know what my last meal would be...”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Dining at this restaurant is a rare event, because the high carb, high fat, high sugar menu items are irresistible. My all time favorite breakfast is the 49'er flap jacks with plenty of butter and plenty of syrup. Expect to wait and don't expect friendly service. You go here for the pancakes, not the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast on our way to the cruise terminal.
An excellent choice! The staff were amazing. Nothing too much trouble and they seemed so happy at their work. We shared a fruit salad and orange juice and opted for the eggs and pancakes which were outstandingly good!

• Visited May 2014
Minnesota
“Great Food, Great Prices.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very good pancakes, big breakfast for a good value. The food arrive to the table fast and you wont starve at this place. Adding al carte items wont break the bank. The coffee was strong which I like and service was great.

• Visited February 2014