“Great Food, Great Prices.”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #188 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Very good pancakes, big breakfast for a good value. The food arrive to the table fast and you wont starve at this place. Adding al carte items wont break the bank. The coffee was strong which I like and service was great.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Best one yet to date. I have yet to find any Corned Beef Hash that is done better than this place on this particular town where I live

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We spent 45 minutes waiting for our order. ALMOST AN HOUR. The minute I sat down I saw a little girl very upset that the chocolate chips were left off her chocolate chip pancakes. Later on the table next to us said their bill was added wrong. (We had lots of time to look around.) The waitress came to us and she could not possibly speak fast enough. She could barely breathe right. She brought our coffee, said I'll be right back with your cream. Did not come back. 15 min later I got up and went looking for cream. Another waiter grabbed a pitcher and poured me some and yelled Where are you sitting! After we gave her our food order, we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. Played with the Smartphone. Told jokes. Tried to not get upset. I asked her when she was running by if I could have an orange juice. She got that 5 min later and said Sorry your order is taking so long, it takes a long time to cook the corned beef hash, it has to be cooked really well. Ha. This was a comedy except we were hungry. I really needed a glass of water coz I was coughing a bit. I was afraid to ask her but I couldn't find her anyhow. After having sat there for 45 min or more, almost an hour, surrounded by noise and our poor waitress running by in every direction, we got up and left. We told her we couldn't take anymore. We got home, shattered, absolutely shattered. Crazy place. When they tell you the wait will be 10 min for a table, they mean 30 min. This restaurant needs MORE HELP.

1  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Yesterday we tried the top rated breakfast place in Ft. Lauderdale. It was delicious but we spent $60.00 for breakfast for two. Today we went to OPH and got a great breakfast for less than half the price. We had eggs with a really good ham steak: thick, lean, no ribbons of gristle. Shredded hash browns were crisp and not a bit greasy. Buckwheat pancakes were terrific: light, fluffy, and flavorful. Jeff, our server, was incredible: attentive, helpful and friendly. He made us feel like VIPs. No wonder this place is so popular.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice staff, very gracious as an elderly patron had an accident. They cleaned it up and everyone moved forward as if it never happened. 20 minute wait on a table-not bad on a weekend morning. Longer wait for food but I ordered an omelette-they bake them here and it was delicious. Huge portions! All their waffles, toasts, pancakes and the like can be ordered gluten free, a nice surprise.