“Food here is always great”
Review of Johnny V - CLOSED

Johnny V
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th street
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a business dinner here. The food here is always great. I have been to this restaurant many times.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The place is a bit pricy, and I am not sure the atmosphere is worth all that. Yet, the food is very good in taste and presentation.

I still suggest to stay away from the steak. It's not grilled but cooked on the fry top, not to mention it's tasteless US beef. It needs Montreal pepper or something to give it a meaning.

I ordered the grouper from the menu. It was a great combination of simple flavors.

The fried calamari was cooked to perfection and the dipping was perfect for it.

Service is at renting and patient to certain patrons around me. :-) thumbs up for that.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went for dinner and were very impressed. They have a good cocktail selection. I had the snapper for my entree and it was delicious. My husband had the NY strip which was a decomposed cheese steak, sounds strange, but it was excellent! Great service and and all around great dinner.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I have been coming here for years after having had this restaurant recommended to us by AMEX. It doesn't matter what time of the year we go, the quality of the food and service is always excellent.

We have yet to try a dish that we have not liked here, however we do have some favorites. In particular, the cheese tasting dish (triple cream!) with the spicy pecans is simple, yet perfect to pair with a nice bottle of red wine. For appetizers we enjoy the "bacon, eggs, & toast" the best, however you can't go wrong with any of the selections - of which we have tried them all.

The entrees change from time to time, but try the mahi mahi with the plantain stuffing and lobster gravy....some of the best flavor combinations you're going to have anywhere.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Food was outstanding. Make sure you sit outside on the front patio, great ambiance in the nighttime.