“Are they trying to hard?”
Review of Johnny V - CLOSED

Johnny V
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th street
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had dinner here, and had a series of appetizers in order to get a idea of what a group of people are likely too experience when I send them there in April. First, let me say Katrina, our waitress, was outstanding! All of the appetizers were beautiful to look at, but not all of them were delicious. I think the fix to make them all magical, might be as simple as adding a little more seasoning. By far, my favorite was the Slightly Seared Tuna “Poke”. My least favorite was Wild Mushroom Pancake “Short Stack”. Why? I think is was because I felt like I was eating pancakes and that the sundried tomato butter and balsamic vinegar didn't make their presence known. In between those two dishes, in terms of appeal, were the Breast of Duck Meatballs, and the “Bacon (pork belly), Eggs and Toast”. I'm not sure, but I think just a little more salt might have brought the flavors alive. I still plan to send my dinner group there in April and I'll come back again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stopped while walking along Los Olas Blvd. My wife had the Duck Meatloaf. It was terrific. I had
the French Dip. It was just ordinary. Service was average. A glass of average wine was $12 and the bill was over $50 for lunch. I consider that high and value not so good.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We received a gift card to Johnny v's and were excited to try it. We went early on a weeknight to avoid a noisy crowded restaurant. The service was very good, knew the menu, offered options. My husband wanted surf and Turf but not buffalo and we were able to switch it out to filet or strip steak for an up charge! I have the strip steak and he the filet. My strip steak was good, cooked well but needed more dry rub for flavoring. His filet had no seasoning at all and hence no flavor. His 1/2 lobster tail was literally three bites...not much surf. Sides were good good but not great...was excited to see cream corn and it was good but not great...nothing original. Again service was very good, food just okay for the price.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went here years ago and had memories of the one and only place I have been to with a separate cheese menu. Had to go back and share that experience. Excellent wine menu to go with your cheese selection. Lovely sitting out on the street patio enjoying the evening. Server was very good and gave us perfect options and advice. Ended the evening with a cappuccino and sipped lady Godiva dark chocolate liqueur. Would recommend this for a great meal.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had the very best lunch and dining experience this week. The prices were just fine for the excellent food we got. My wife wanted to try the truffle french fries and they were great. Each of our lunch items were great. Enjoy!!