“High end, fabulous culinary experiece on Las Olas”
Review of Johnny V - CLOSED

Johnny V
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th street
Reviewed March 21, 2011

This is an expensive, high end restaurant with excellent food and drinks. We have been to Johnny V's 3 times and sat at the bar for dinner each time, we had excellent service. The salmon was extraordinary, every bite was out of this world. If you like excellent food and dont mind paying for it with a tasteful, trendy environment - this is a great local spot for you. Thumbs up!

Reviewed March 7, 2011

We walked into this restaurant with high expectations and were not disappointed. We were going to order a meal but decided to sit at the bar and have a variety of appetizers.
That decision proved to be a positive one. The presentation of the food, the quality and the flavors were outstanding.
Being a seasoned traveler and an extremely fussy eater I must say it is now one of the top 5 places that I really enjoyed eating.
The only dissapointing factor was the barmaid. i blame myself for sitting at the bar expecting good service.
we had to interupt her from her flirting and conversations with the guys to ask for food and drinks. At one point I had to ask her to please take my credit card for payment after sitting patiently for 15 minutes watching her flirt with the person right next to me.
Its a shame that a restaurant of this caliber has to be remembered for poor service from the bar.
It is a great place to go expecially if you want to experience great flavors and food preperation and I do reccomend it but don't eat at the bar!

1  Thank foodchop
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Johnny V is located across from the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. It is a very popular place, so make sure to make reservations. Of course, we made reservations and not only were they put down at the wrong time, but we still had to wait for a table for a half-hour while three tables sat unoccupied.

There are tables on the sidewalk, then inside you have bistro dining, cramped and noisy with an overflowing bar running the length of the dining area. The service was relatively unfriendly and uninspired, with a very young service staff that had attitude, but once you got past the hostess station, it was also efficient and attentive.

All of this seemed unimportant however, as we took a look at the creative menu, with inspired and interesting pairings. We were actually excited to order. The wines were excellent though expensive with a glass of Malbec at $15.00. We enjoyed the wine list with many small but excellent regional wineries featured.

The portions are huge, as with most places on Las Olas, so don't plan on an appetizer and main per person. We shared an appetizer and could only eat about half of our mains. This was unfortunate, becaues they were soooo good! Everything was devine, with dishes of ostrich, venison and rabbit matched excellently with textured sides. The bbq shrimp was perfectly matched with a southwest salsa and the best potato salad I've had. We left fat, happy, and licking our lips after a lovely bottle of wine, and a delicious meal.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I was here on new years eve, they had a special menu plus they're regular menu. I read that the chef was on the show Iron Chef so I had to try it. I had one of the best meals ever. The staff was great, very attentive. I ordered the venison meatballs to start, and the boneless beef short rib with goat chesse mash as an entree, yum!!! My dad's a retired chef so I'm picky, the food was fabulous. A posh, cozy little place I'd go back over and over if I lived there.

Reviewed January 20, 2011

We were fortunate enough to have selected Johnny V just because it looked good and the menu seemed interesting, whilst on a day trip to Fort Lauderdale. Great service, delicious food, wonderful menu, interesting wines. We had a fabulous meal. We were particularly impressed that our "to share" salad came on 2 plates. This is a stylish eatery which we'd return to often if we were locals.