“Good Food, great service”
Review of Nanking Asian Grill - CLOSED

Nanking Asian Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nanking has raised the bar for Asian cuisine in South Florida, offering creative fusion dishes and supremely fresh sushi that's never been frozen. We promise you'll taste the difference. Diners enjoy a diverse beverage program and top-notch service amid the stylish, Zen-like ambiance and breathtaking views of the Intracoastal Waterway.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a large party of people there 2 different nights and the food was really good but the service in particular was excellent considering we had a large group of people. Meredith did a great job on handling all 20 of us the first night we were there, and was always there when we needed her, and gave us separate bills which a lot of places can't handle. Coming from NYC, I have high standards in food, and their edamame and ahi tuna salad were pretty darn good. All in all, it's definitely a place I will come back to when in town.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my wife for dinner. Sushi is very good and I'm a hard critic when it comes to sushi. Our server was Meredith and she took great care of us ( I read the review criticizing the service - must have been and off night or just a very picky customer) as we found the entire staff very attentive. My wife and I both were impressed with the food and service but prices are too high. I would recommend this restaurant if price is not an issue.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Wow, the lobster rolls are second to none. They are huge, a little expensive, but not for what you get. All the Sushi is fantastic and the Hawaiian roll is excellent as well. I've gone three times on my recent visits and it's always excellent. You must have "crown the king" roll. The downside is the service. I have had horrible service each time I've gone. I had Mark who was constantly sweating horribly and Meredith who was MIA. The bar is the best place to sit as Jessica was wonderful and in the midst of MIA service came to spend time talking and getting my wine. The food, is the best so if they raise the service levels the place is a 5 star no question however if the service remains poor it could fall to a 3 star.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stay at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina regularly. One of the reasons is the fact that the Nanking restaurant is there. The food is always fresh and tasty. Since Chef Tan has taken over the sushi it has gotten tremendous. It was good before, but awesome now. However, I would likely go even if the food was only satisfactory because Jessica is superb! She provides excellent bar service and great food suggestions. She is attentive and involved with her customers. If she worked all the time I would seriously consider giving this place a perfect score. Thanks as always Jess!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is about the 30th time I've dined at this amazing restaurant within the last 6 month! Therefore it is now my favorite Fort Lauderdale Restaurant by far.
If I could rate it I would rate a 10 out of 10. I have eaten here for dinner and also enjoyed the outstanding happy-hour specials. Jessica, the most sophisticated bartender I’ve ever met, has always superb recommendations with drinks and food.
What you always can expect at the Nanking is a beautiful presentation, delicious, and generous portions. You can eat inside or outside or just sit and eat and relax at the bar.
The décor inside is a pleasant surprise. The restaurant is located right at the inner coastal and has plenty of free parking, or it can be accessed by boat / water taxi. Do yourself a favor and give it a try. It is an excellent value for the outstanding quality of the food.

1  Thank Callbeforeflight