“Great pizza & salad”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #22 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great pizza & salad”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Love the pizza, but salad is my favorite! Hubby likes the wings - they are grilled! Service is always fast & we usually have left overs for lunch the next day!

Visited March 2014

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Well, well...”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza in Ft. Lauderdale is a mere 4 blocks away from my work place and for all the years that I've driven past this location, I have never felt the need to stop here to eat and it wasn't until today, on my wife's suggestion that we actually decided to try it.

The place is big and has all these photos of famous people that have eaten there mixed with other Beatles memorabilia which made my daughter happy since she loves the Fab 4.

As I used my Foursquare app to login to this location, a coupon for a free taste of wings was offered to me. When I showed it to the waiter, he did show some attitude because it seems it is something that is offered to customers but since this was our first time, we did not know that. We ordered our drinks and I was a little surprised that my daughter's lemonade was just a Minute Maid bottle. As I looked around me, I saw that all the soft drinks were indeed bottled and not in a glass from a fountain like other places.

We ordered our pizza and was surprised that they did not offer any pasta dishes as my son wanted pasta and meatballs. We settled for a large pizza.

The wait was surprisingly short. When our pie was brought to the table, I took a slice and bit in one of the most delicious pizzas I'd had in a while. It was probably the fact that it was coal fired cooked but it was simply delicious! We could not finish the whole pie and unfortunately did not have any space left for dessert.

The bill was awfully reasonable and I had to wonder why we never tried this chain, especially since they have a location so close to our house.

Next time we're in the mood for pizza, we'll be visiting the Pembroke Pines location hoping that it will be as good as the Ft. Lauderdale one!

• Visited May 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Always good!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The salad was fresh and crisp and the pizza was perfectly cooked as always. Very good oil and vinegar dressing on the salad. Service was very attentive and good.

• Visited May 2014
Castleton On Hudson, New York
“PIZZA PARADISE!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great pizza & wings! The wings are not what us northeners are used to - no hot sauce but covered with carmelized onions - delicious! We also ordered a "family style" salad which was more than enough for two. Also, enjoyed ice cold "Fuhgeddaboutit" ale! Yes, we ordered way too much, but we just got off a cruise and were still in full pig-out mode! Nice, relaxing ambience and friendly service. We wish they would open one in our neck of the woods!!

• Visited April 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We went to Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza for the first time this year during our trip to Pompano. We invited another couple with us. The customer service people were awesome, we told them it was our first time and the manager brought us some wings to try. They were out of this world. We both ordered different pizzas and we were not disappointed with the results. All in all it was a wonderful experience with very nice people.

• Visited April 2014