“Best Pizza...Ever!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Los Angeles, California
“Best Pizza...Ever!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

While we don't live in Ft. Lauderdale, or even in Florida, we have been to Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza many times. This pizza is my absolute favorite pizza, outside of eating pizza in Italy. You can get any number of toppings but my fav is the fresh tomato and mozzarella...and a little fresh garlic with it is pretty good, too. But any of the pizza's are fabulous. It's not the toppings though, that make this pizza so great. It's the crust and those pizza ovens, in particular, the coal fired ovens used to make these little slices of heaven.

In a side room entrance, I happened to walk by stacks of wood that are used to fire up those ovens, and that's what makes these pizzas so darn good. The crust gets slightly charred from the heat of the ovens (my mouth is watering as I'm typing) and it's that char combined with the fabulous crust that gives this pizza its wonderful flavor and great bite!

Here's how much my family and I love this pizza. We happened to be flying through Ft. Lauderdale, heading somewhere. We had a few hours layover in the airport so we decided to hop into a cap and make the short run from the airport to Anthony's. It was pouring with rain, must have been summer. The run from the cab into Anthony's found us soaked to the skin. But we didn't care because for us, we were in Pizza Mecca!

If you dine in, the atmosphere is more sports bar than pizza restaurant. There are TV's all around to watch whatever game is currently available. And the restaurant is not quiet, especially if it's busy. But who cares? I'm not there for the atmosphere. I'm there for the pizza.

The staff is always friendly and courteous, making sure you have everything you need.

Try it! I promise you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank ZumaMama

Montreal, Canada
“Great though simple dining experience”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant teaches a lesson to every other restaurant in the neighborhood. Easy parking, very nice greeting, excellent food, fast service, free wifi, very affordable. Pizzas and salads are great.

1 Thank VKassardjian
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our first trip to Fort Lauderdale and did not know where to go for pizza. We we told at the Hampton Inn that Anthony's was the place to go. Our pizza was very good. We were able to get a table right away, but later there were people waiting to get a set. When we go back to Fort Lauderdale will go back there again.

Dandridge, Tennessee
“Great (and unique) Wings and Pizza”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My fiance and I tried out Anthony's for lunch while taking a class at a local maritime school. We got the recommendation from some guys staying at our hotel, and I'm glad we took them up on it. We ordered the appetizer wings, which are signature to the restaurant, and a pizza with Italian sausage, mushrooms, and onions on top, which is my favorite pizza combination ever.

Everything was delicious! The wings were very unique, served with sauted onions. They were not like anything I've tried before, and the meat was falling off the bone, and they had a great charcoal flavor. The pizza was great too, very thin crust, and loaded with everything on top. Also cooked over a coal fire, the crispy edges made it excellent.

I saved the leftovers to take with me to lunch the next day in class, it was that tasty. I would absolutely recommend Anthony's.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank marinerjess
Salford,Gt Manchester
“Excellent value and atomsphere”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family and I had never been to Fort Lauderdale so I looked on tripadvisor for recommended restaurants. On 21/07/13 we visited Anthonys and was surprised at the queue outside. We were told that there would be a 30 minute wait , because of the comments on tripadvisor we decided to wait. Whilst waiting I presume it was the manager came out with samples of food for those persons waiting, this was a great gesture.
After waiting only 20 minutes our table was ready, the restaurant was busy which provided an excellent atmosphere. We ordered 4 large pizzas but after discussing this with the waitress and taking her advice we order to larger pizzas with different toppings. The pizzas were large and I/2 of pizza each filed us.
I will certainly visit again if on vacation in Fort Lauderdale again.

and was not disappointed. We received a warm welcome and everybody at the restaurant were brilliant. I can only sat the burgers were excellent and filling. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013