“High priced but great food.”
Review of Shula's on the Beach - CLOSED

Shula's on the Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Granada Street
Transit: Granada Street Bus Stop
Description: Shula's On The Beach is decorated with memories of Coach Don Shula's accomplishments, and offers private, indoor and covered patio seating with a great ocean view.The restaurant offers the same great steaks and excellent seafood that Shula's Steak House fans are accustomed to. One of our popular dishes, Steak Mary Anne, consists of two sliced filets covered with Mary Anne's favorite sauce and seasoning. We use only center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef to make The Shula Cut® steaks, the best beef money can buy.Shula's On The Beach is the perfect place for festive parties, business lunches and dinners, birthdays, holiday celebrations and almost any other special occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure or a little of both, your event in one of our two private dining rooms, on our outdoor covered patio or inside our main dining room will be a great success. Our private dining rooms accommodates up to 12 and 50 guests, and restaurant seating for groups of all sizes in the main dining room or on our covered patio overlooking the ocean.Customizable menus featuring the award winning Shula Cut® steaks, fresh seafood, and extensive wine selection, and personalized service, and live entertainment work together to provide an overall Winning Dining Experience.We invite you to dine at our Shula's on the Beach location and experience for yourself the Perfect meal at the Perfect setting.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“High priced but great food.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Perfect location and view. food is overpriced but worth it for a one time shot. $24 breakfast is too much.

Visited July 2014

Irvington, New York
“Great view, not worth the $$”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Very slow service, food was underwhelming. We ordered Salmon - at $34/entree I expected higher quality. It was looked and tasted like what would be served at a catered dinner or wedding reception. Very ordinary and unimaginative. Potato was $10 extra. Nice view, though, right on the beach.
The clientele were a colorful Gold Coast crowd, quite entertaining.

1 Thank Kathleen T
Ontario, Canada
“Good food but server not so imformative”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by friends, so we decided to give it a try while staying at the Westin. While the food was good, the server was just okay. He gave us no information before ordering, nor did he make any suggestions. We didn't realize how large the sides were and would have been fine with just ordering one to share between the two of us. The steaks were delicious!

Toronto, Canada
“naaaaaa”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

was not impressed. service was good, food was not especially for the money, not good value. i wouldn't eat there again.

New York
“Service was terrible but food still good....”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My friend and I dined here a few nights ago. We're from NYC but come here every year on vacation because we love the food. We had a totally different experience this year. We placed a very simple order - 2 orders of twin lobster tails, side orders of mashed potatoes and mushrooms. When the food arrived, only 1 order of twin lobster tails arrived and that was placed in front of me and the mashed potatoes were placed in front of my friend. Seriously? Do you really think they ordered a side of mashed potatoes for their entree? I told the server that they forgot one entree and he immediately blamed the kitchen. He said they thought it was a duplicate order. Ok, where's the communication? While waiting for the other entree to arrive, I started to eat one of my twin lobster tails and noticed that it was lukewarm and so was the butter. I tried the mashed potatoes and mushrooms and they were on the cold side too. By the time I alerted my server once again, my friends twin lobster tails arrived but they took back everything else. So now I'm sitting there with nothing and my friend is eating their entree. When everything came back out again, the food was still not hot. At his point the manager Chris came over and I explained everything to him. They did end up buying us dessert and talking off 50% of the bill.....but I don't go out looking for discounts. I just want my order placed the right way. Also, they didn't provide serving spoons for our side dishes nor did anyone come and refill our water glasses. The service that night was horrendous. But the food is still very good.