“Great indoor/outdoor Bar”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Granada Street
Transit: Granada Street Bus Stop
Description: Shula's On The Beach is decorated with memories of Coach Don Shula's accomplishments, and offers private, indoor and covered patio seating with a great ocean view.The restaurant offers the same great steaks and excellent seafood that Shula's Steak House fans are accustomed to. One of our popular dishes, Steak Mary Anne, consists of two sliced filets covered with Mary Anne's favorite sauce and seasoning. We use only center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef to make The Shula Cut® steaks, the best beef money can buy.Shula's On The Beach is the perfect place for festive parties, business lunches and dinners, birthdays, holiday celebrations and almost any other special occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure or a little of both, your event in one of our two private dining rooms, on our outdoor covered patio or inside our main dining room will be a great success. Our private dining rooms accommodates up to 12 and 50 guests, and restaurant seating for groups of all sizes in the main dining room or on our covered patio overlooking the ocean.Customizable menus featuring the award winning Shula Cut® steaks, fresh seafood, and extensive wine selection, and personalized service, and live entertainment work together to provide an overall Winning Dining Experience.We invite you to dine at our Shula's on the Beach location and experience for yourself the Perfect meal at the Perfect setting.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The restaurant is a nice place to eat or just meet others attending a meeting to share a cocktail and an appetizer with. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Both the service and food were fabulous! We had wonderful wine, steaks and salad. This was our second time at this restaurant and both times were excellent.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

service very so-so, accepted my lunch reservation even though groupon is not acceptable for lunch time.No vegetables to go with the steak, steak (also the view) is living up to the price tag but nothing else, i think the bread is sour/bad.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Up front - this is not a review about the food. I didn't get a chance to eat here and here's why. A friend and I had decided we'd give Shula's a chance based on some comments about the food. We knew it was expensive but the menu looked appealing.

We arrived about 7:30pm. It looked promising as about a third of the tables on the outside patio area were empty. Inside, looked the same. We approached the host and asked for a table for two. He looked up and asked if we had a reservation. When I said no he rather indignantly said it would be 30 minutes. I've waited 30 minutes before so that didn't seem bad.

We waited for the host to take my name when a gentleman came up and asked for a table for one. He was told 45 minutes for a wait time. But, he could eat at the bar (full menu) if he wanted. While the host didn't seem too interested in either my friend or I nor the other gentleman, I asked if we could eat at the outside bar tables. He said the full menu was available out there.

So, my friend and I headed for the tables in the bar area of the patio and claimed a table. I asked the bartender for a menu. He responded that there was no one to serve at the tables. I said that was ok, if we could order from him. His response was pretty much I don't want to but you can eat at the bar. I asked if he brought the food to me at the bar we'd be happy to take it to the table. His response was "you can't do that." I pushed back a bit and said, if we could order from him at the bar, why couldn't I just pick up the plates and take them to the tables? His response was "I can't allow that."

So, the host didn't care about seating us at a half-empty restaurant and, despite being told there was full menu service at the bar, the bartender refused to serve us.

So much for Shula's - if that is there attitude they clearly do not want customers. And, I will never eat there.

1  Thank Carl W
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Plan on spending a great deal of time here to get barely passable food. Would never eat here again until stuck in the rain.

1  Thank BellAroundtheBlock