“A cool local spot..” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lil Reds
Ranked #187 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A cool local spot..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We just flew in, got our rental car and needed something quick to eat. We found this on Trip Advisor and got exactly what we expected. The food was inexpensive and really good. The dining area has a retro feel and didn't seem that dirty as I read in another review, although i really didn't notice. The bathrooms were newer and very clean. I found it very cool that the washroom was separate from the toilet area. I think every restaurant should be like this. It just seems like a very clean way to be.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Shefra

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“pretty good bbq”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Lil Reds is a good bbq joint. I would eat here again. It is close to Rodeway Inn. I thought service was a bit slow, but the tasty food made up for it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank 1961eugene
Needham, Massachusetts
“The Good, the Bad, the Ugly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Good: The chicken was grilled just right. Cooked through and yet still juicy. Very reasonably priced.
The Bad: The restaurant seating area needs a good cleaning. Sat near the window (dirty) and the deep window sill (at table level) was noticeably dusty/dirty.
The Ugly: When we were leaving the male manager(?)/shift supervisor(?) sat at a table by the door with a take out order of freshly steamed broccoli and baked potato which were clearly NOT from Lil Red's (food was delivered by a woman and was in black take-out boxes).

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TravelingLibrary
Miami, Florida
“WHATS FOR DINNER? BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Been here for breakfast and lunch. Now finally for dinner. Chicken & Rib Combo with cold slaw and French fries $ 12.49.. Good chicken but the St. Louis style ribs are small (4" long). Good flavor but tough. 1/4 Chicken had good flavor and was cooked thru. Meat not too heavy on the smoke, which is good for me. I love their fries and the slaw was good. Iced tea $1.89 with free refills. With tax, $ 15.24.. I'll be back..

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank AIRBOATER
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I compare all Bar-B-Que restaurants to Lil Reds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have been going to Lil Reds for many years and unfortunately for me it set such a high standard in ribs, that I am never satisfied when I eat ribs at other places. My normal reaction is "OK, but their ribs are not as good as Lil Reds"

Its not a fancy restaurant by any means, but its clean and the servers are cheerful. The food is prepared quickly and you can have lunch in 30 minutes at less than $10 for a plate of ribs and two sides.

What sets them apart is the bar-b-que sauce, its dark and spicy flavored. Most other restaurants bar-b-que sauce is like eating a mouthful of sugar. Also the ribs at "Reds" are meaty and very well cooked. When I say "well" I don't mean overcooked, I really mean to say that they are properly cooked.

If I need to go to Fort Lauderdale for anything I always try to arrange the trip between 12 PM an 3PM.

One warning you have to pay them in Cash!

• Visited December 2013