“FLIES IN THE DRINK!!!!!”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #204 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Be careful! Sanitation and Health standards in California Pizza Kitchen in Fort Lauderdale on US-1 are below any standard of a regulated restaurant! In a third world country you wouldn't get what I was served! I ate in that location on July 6,2013 at 5:30 PM , seating by myself on the bar and eating a dinner that I ordered, when suddenly I noticed after drinking half of my glass of water that are two Black huge Flies floating in my water. I called Greg that I thought was the manager, he was disgusted himself, made a strange experience on his face, got for bid didn't apologize, didn't bring me a a new glass of water, just kept doing his business, I was shocked, the bartender explained me and showed me how it happened, they keep an open stainless-steal Jug that has no lid under the counter and Flies were accumulating in the water I drank, I was so disgusted that decided to leave immediately, I thought I would puke just there, but I held it till I got out, not before they have collected from me the full amount for my dinner.
As I arrived home 15 min later I called the restaurant and asked to speak with the manager, Jammy who was the manager at that time did nothing although I left him my phone number.
As I got no reaction and actually was shocked from the negative Customer Service reaction of the staff and the "Manager" I filed a complaint with the Customer Service of CPK Heather Mulero case ID: 25276692 that also did nothing!
My name is Michael Man and I am Hotels Manager for the last 40 years, I don't remember ever complaining about a restaurant specially that I am in the industry, I was a regular customer in that restaurant, but I promised myself not to step ever in that establishment for the bad hygienic conditions and the bad reaction of the staff & management, the purpose of this review is to warn the consumers that the Glitzy look of the restaurant has nothing to do with their hygienic conditions, and better people know what California Pizza Kitchen staff are ready to put in your Food & Drinks, I don't know perhaps the purchase of this chain by Nestle caused this decline in their Health Standards. (their food is good if you like to eat Flies in your food!).
It is my first time to write a negative review, I used to love CPK food, but no more.
Michael Man

3  Thank SeaClubManagement

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I dined at CPK a few months ago.The appitizers(mac and cheese and gyoza)were very good.She loved the Spaghetti Bolanese and Iliked the Marguarita Pizza.We enjoy a glass or two of wine with our meal.The glass of wine was not even half a glass and OVERPRICED which negated the Fair price of the dinners.Order only food if you go.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stopped by for a quick lunch with my mother and sister. I ordered the wedge salad and split a thin crust pizza with the works. Very tasty and loved the salad.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Started with a Caesar salad... The large portion is big enough for three or four to share. Waitress recommended the thin and crispy crust she was right! We had the works it was delicious! The music was a little loud and made it hard for conversation. But other than that it was a wonderful experience

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The last visit here was a disaster, the pasta was dry and basically not good to eat. A year later we called in, and to my surprise things were as expected of CPK. Good food and service. Will definitely be back.