“Old Reliable!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The restaurant has been around forever, and the menu is long and diverse. That tells you a lot. We enjoy going there for breakfast on occasion, and you get exactly what you expect. The kitchen knows how to prepare eggs any way you order. We've never had a complaint.

I always order an omelet and build my own. It's more fun that way. I always choose home fries and a biscuit. It's more food than I can finish, but I get exactly what I want.

My family members usually order two eggs along with the sides -- ham, pancakes, etc. The eggs are always perfect. Food is delivered quickly regardless of how busy the restaurant is.

If you are allowed to seat yourself, the restaurant is very large. Head toward the back. It's usually not as crowded or noisy, and the server is happy to have customers. Too often, the tables up front stay full, and it's just not as enjoyable.

You pay on your way out. Pay attention to the parking meters. You always have to pay on Las Olas, but the side streets are free on Sundays. Every once in a while, I just need my fix.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Had read the not so great reviews on trip advisor but we decided to try anyways. Server was attentive, food came out quickly, prices were reasonable and food was tasty. Would recommend.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We ate lunch here. I can't remember what hubby had, but I had a patty melt that was kind of weird. The place is bustling though, so lots of people must really like it. Our waitress was a hoot! Very fast and friendly service, and they seem to treat everyone like a regular. I'd go back, and maybe get the "Fat Cat" breakfast - ha ha! Lots of photos on the walls of celebrities who have eaten there.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

large menu. good service, always well populated but orderly. prefer breakfast menu but decent for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I don't know how this place has been open for so long. When you read the reviews that say "mediocre food and service" ... Believe them. There are many good places to eat in Fort Lauderdale without having to go here.