“24 Hours”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Decent diner-food at above-average prices (I guess you're paying for location). The less than impressive service here is what breaks the deal for me. I have been going here since I was a child (it's one of my mom's favorite spots). Recently, I had a problem and spoke with management who smoothed over the situation. My husband and I gave it another shot one day when we found ourselves in the area, and were seriously underwhelmed by our service (again). We waited a long time to be greeted, then waited a long time for our drinks. I decided to order a mimosa as it seemed that our food would take a while and I wanted to enjoy it sitting outside under the sun while I waited. 20 minutes go by and I went to ask the front desk if they could ask our server to bring it as I did not want it with my food. 5 more minutes went by and I went in to cancel it as I had been put off by their lack of a sense of urgency and no longer wanted the drink. As I seated myself, the server came running out after me with the mimosa. I told her I had just cancelled it. She just said, "Oh." So I kept it. Then they brought out my husband's food. I waited, and then asked the server saving the table next to us (oddly enough it seemed as if each adjacent table had a different server) if my food was coming as I wanted to eat with my husband. She went and got our server who came out empty-handed to confirm that I did in fact suggest that I would enjoy dining at the same time as my husband. A few minutes go by and she brings out my food. I took my check inside to pay as I no longer wanted to wait. We probably won't give the Floridian another chance..who knows. Again, the food is not bad and the fact that it's open 24 hours (I also work at night and sometimes want something to eat at 3am) are bonuses; management should take more care in service-training at this long-standing Las Olas institution.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

but what is very troubling is the place is dirty. The ceiling looks as if it was never cleaned, the a/c vents are disgusting and when you sit down inside you are breathing that crap into your body. The carpet needs to be replaced. No matter where you look the place is run down. It needs to be gutted. Now to the terrible service. I ordered eggs and I was their for 45 minutes. I know this because I had 45 minutes on my meter and I had to go put more money in the meter. Total waiting time for my food was 53 minutes. I will never go back

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Weather it is 10 AM or 2AM this Las Olas Icon is the place to go for breakfast. Eggs Benedict a dozen ways plus anything else you can imagine. Old Florida diner feel with friendly staff.

1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped by after church on a Sunday and were fortunate to grab the last outdoor table at the time. The service and setting were good. The food was average. The eggs were prepared well. the biscuits were overly moist and lacked flavor. The grits were slightly watery and also lacked flavor. The orange juice was not fresh.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

who's who of florida eats there, lawyers and judges making deals and hollywood stars that live locally are eating there.
big portions great food