“Most unpleasant restaurant experience ever! Do not go there!”

Tropical Acres Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 1,368 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: South Florida's oldest and finest Steakhouse, featuring superior cuts of Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Maine Lobster, fresh fish, New York Strip and other fine seafood and Italian entrees. Tropical Acres is also open for private banquets, wedding receptions and company events or you can join us for cocktails in our intimate lounge or for Happy Hour.
Reviewed June 26, 2009

During our recent trip to Forth Lauderdale, we made a 9PM reservation at Tropical Acres, which was accepted without problem.
When the 3 of us got there, we felt very rushed. My husband’s steak was so-so and my lobster was ok, but our daughter’s steak tasted like lighter fluid and was inedible. We would have loved some coffee and desert but we could tell that they wanted us out right away since it was now 10PM and they were closing. They made no attempt to make us feel welcome and it felt very uncomfortable finishing the meal.
We left at 10:15PM and on the way out my husband mentioned to the manager/owner that this was a very unpleasant dining experience and that they should not accept reservations for 9PM if they wanted people out by 10PM.
The manager told my husband that 1 hour of eating should be time enough and that we didn’t have to come back if we don’t like it.

Reviewed June 19, 2009

I have been going to Tropical Acres since I was a little boy (30+years). Now I bring my family. They always treat you like family. The food is some of the best in south Florida. Everything on the menu is amazing. We loved the food so much that I had my wedding reception there as well. There was nothing that we found ourselves wanting. They thought of everything and more. The ambiance is some of the best fine dining you can experience anywhere. The prices at Tropical Acres are the most resonable you will find in the south Florida area. Actually anywhere for that matter. Hey, don't take my word for it. Try the restaurant for yourself. I can't say enough good things about it.

1  Thank Dean M
Reviewed June 5, 2009

From the moment you walk in the door you are in a friendly welcoming atmosphere. I have eaten here quite a few times over the years and always enjoy the service, food,atmosphere and the family that owns the restaurant.

2  Thank LindaHy
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I dine at Tropical Acres every time that I am in the South Florida area and I like that from the time you enter and are welcomed until the time that you leave that Tropical Acres balances comfort, elegance and value! The food has been consistently prepared the way I request and is delicious with competitive pricing.The service staff is friendly as well as knowledgeable and proud of the number of years they have been with Tropical Acres. They offer a full service bar and their environment is conducive to a couple's romantic night out or a fun family celebration since they please patrons of all ages. I feel that Tropical Acres is one of South Florida's finest dining experiences.

1  Thank LindaTampa
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I love that it's a family owned business and I've never been once when either one of the owners wasn't at the front desk greeting patrons. The food is always top notch and you can't beat the prices! I go about once a month and have never had a bad meal.

1  Thank fll_diner