“Awwwful”

Tropical Acres Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 1,358 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: South Florida's oldest and finest Steakhouse, featuring superior cuts of Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Maine Lobster, fresh fish, New York Strip and other fine seafood and Italian entrees. Tropical Acres is also open for private banquets, wedding receptions and company events or you can join us for cocktails in our intimate lounge or for Happy Hour.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were a party of six, November 14th. I ordered the Steak Au Poivre. It was inedible. Gristle and tough. I didn't want to make an issue of it. They took it back and didn't charge. But my friends were not pleased at all with their dinners. One of my friends(Who has been going there for 25 years.) said he is never going back. They have always had the reputation of a large moderate price steak house, but the experience was bad enough so you don't even want to give them another chance.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Last Sunday a few of us went to Tropical Acres, in Dania, FL, for a get together over dinner.

Most of us had been there previously and have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere, but this time would be special because we had heard that Moran Levi would be singing and this would be the first time that Tropical Acres offered a singer for entertainment.

Well, the evening proved to be just as delightful as we had hoped. The service was prompt and attentive and everyone greatly enjoyed their meals. I ordered the prime rib which was cooked perfectly and every bite just melted in my mouth.

Moran Levi was fantastic. She sang a wonderfully varied selection of songs and has a very beautiful voice. She can sing in English, Spanish, Hebrew, French, Italian and more.

I highly recommend for you to visit Tropical Acres for their great food and ambiance and if you can make it on a Sunday evening, hearing Moran Levi will make your visit even more enjoyable.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Tropical Acres is a guaranteed great meal from start to finish. The bread is always fresh and warm, the salads are fresh and crisp, they make the best martinis, and the seafood is superb. I don't eat meat, but everyone I've ever gone there with said the steak was out of this world. I live right across the street and have never had anything at Tropical Acres that was not delicious. The restaurant itself has a vibe that takes me back to places I went to eat with my mom when I was a child. It is not modern and I like that. It is comfortable and has the nice touch of a man playing piano while you dine. I love this place!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed about a minute away at the Fairfield Inn and it was a terrible rainy day so we didn't want to drive to far for dinner.Went for the Early Bird Dinner and what a value! For the price of the entree you get soup, salad, entree, a side, drink, dessert and sour dough rolls. I had the Tuscan Tbone and it was incredible. Our servers (2) were Tami and Steve. Both were awesome. Very attentive and kept our water and tea glasses full. This is the oldest Steak House in South Florida and its easy to see why they have a great reputation. As far as parking they have Valet, Handicap or you can Self Park. The lot is very big. We will come back here to dine next time in the area.

1  Thank nocurfu53
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Kind of like being in a time warp from the 70's in decor. Looks like a clean place with an open kitchen which is nice. We found the service to be just average and the food quality average to below average. The 10 oz steak was not a high quality beef and not tender at all. The dinner salad was small, baked potato was small. Baked shrimp were not large and mostly filled with breadcrumbs Caesar salad was larger than a regular house salad. It wasn't that it was bad just very average and priced at a higher than average amount. We had been wanting to try this place for a long time. We tried it and won't be back.