“If you are looking for quality....”

Tropical Acres Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: South Florida's oldest and finest Steakhouse, featuring superior cuts of Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Maine Lobster, fresh fish, New York Strip and other fine seafood and Italian entrees. Tropical Acres is also open for private banquets, wedding receptions and company events or you can join us for cocktails in our intimate lounge or for Happy Hour.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Look no further. I was quite surprised by the quality of the food at Tropical Acres Steakhouse. The eat was grilled on an outdoor grill on a wood fire. It was the way I expected grilled steaks to be. The wait staff is very courteous and helpful, especially Tom at the bar. I am only in Fort Lauderdale for 3 weeks, but will be returning to this restaurant for sure!

1  Thank Ocean_Rover_Blue_Wat

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife, daughter, sister and I went here the evening before leaving on a cruise. My sister used to come here when she lived in Lauderdale 30 years ago. For nostalgia's sake, we thought we'd see if it changed over the years. It didn't and that's cool!

Think Rat Pack in south florida. Starched, professional waiters, stiff drinks; you could almost hear Deano and Sammy in the background.

I had a wonderful prime rib, my wife had shrimp, daughter a burger and sis a filet mignon. Everything cooked perfectly. Finished off with key lime pie.

Prices were by all standards, cheap! I think with tip, no more than $150 for the four of us.

This place is a classic!

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

While on vacations stopped at the restaurant for dinner. Ambiance was very nice and relaxing with a piano player. My first martini was good but my second one had to be returned and Chantal was very nice and exchanged it for me (maybe bc I had not specified I wanted the grey goose vodka on the second round). The Ceasar salad and the onion toasts were delicious. However, my husband's steak (a bit pricey) and my broiled Mahi Mahi lacked flavor. The key lime pie for dessert was ok. Overall, it was a good dinner but not great.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nothing special. Fried shrimp were dry and lacking any flavor, my son said he had better crabcakes, my husband's mahi was so-so. Service is good.

Michael G, Manager at Tropical Acres Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hi LOT529,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize that your experience was not enjoyable. Our Fried Shrimp and Crab Cakes are a very popular items and made in house. Typically they are both excellent items. I am sorry to hear that they were not properly prepared for you. I appreciate you mentioning that the service was good. We value each one of our guests and always appreciate any feedback that they can provide to make us a better establishment. If you would, please send me you mailing address. We would appreciate it if you would give us another chance to live up to the reputation that we have made over the years. Hope you have a great week.

Best Regards,
Michael Greenlaw
4th Generation Management
Michael@TropicalAcres.com
954-989-2500

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was one of the greatest places we have eaten at in all out travels. The pork chop and the steak was heavenly!!!! The service was outstanding!!!