“Excellent service, Ceasar salad was great, however fish and steak needed more seasoning.”

Tropical Acres Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: South Florida's oldest and finest Steakhouse, featuring superior cuts of Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Maine Lobster, fresh fish, New York Strip and other fine seafood and Italian entrees. Tropical Acres is also open for private banquets, wedding receptions and company events or you can join us for cocktails in our intimate lounge or for Happy Hour.
Lake Lure, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

While on vacations stopped at the restaurant for dinner. Ambiance was very nice and relaxing with a piano player. My first martini was good but my second one had to be returned and Chantal was very nice and exchanged it for me (maybe bc I had not specified I wanted the grey goose vodka on the second round). The Ceasar salad and the onion toasts were delicious. However, my husband's steak (a bit pricey) and my broiled Mahi Mahi lacked flavor. The key lime pie for dessert was ok. Overall, it was a good dinner but not great.

• Visited July 2013

Pembroke Pines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Less Than Ordinary”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nothing special. Fried shrimp were dry and lacking any flavor, my son said he had better crabcakes, my husband's mahi was so-so. Service is good.

• Visited July 2013
Michael G, Manager at Tropical Acres Restaurant, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi LOT529,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize that your experience was not enjoyable. Our Fried Shrimp and Crab Cakes are a very popular items and made in house. Typically they are both excellent items. I am sorry to hear that they were not properly prepared for you. I appreciate you mentioning that the service was good. We value each one of our guests and always appreciate any feedback that they can provide to make us a better establishment. If you would, please send me you mailing address. We would appreciate it if you would give us another chance to live up to the reputation that we have made over the years. Hope you have a great week.

Best Regards,
Michael Greenlaw
4th Generation Management
Michael@TropicalAcres.com
954-989-2500
michigan
“1970's We were in hog heaven!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was one of the greatest places we have eaten at in all out travels. The pork chop and the steak was heavenly!!!! The service was outstanding!!!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Always treated like friends.....”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to share dinner with husband & dear friends very often at Tropical Acres. I love the food....everything is always yummy, and served "hot" and "promptly". We especially love our time before dinner...we have appetizers & drinks in their great bar.....our favorite bartender Tom always takes care of us. Tom is polite, personable & thoughtful. I recommend Tropical Acres to all ages...no matter what your food preferences are!!

1 Thank SherrySnow
Hi Sherry, Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear about your great experiences at TA and in our lounge. I will be sure to share your kind words with Tommy. I think I will even post your review on the bar refrigerator. :-) We hope to see you back soon!

Best Regards,
Michael Greenlaw
4th Generation Management
Michael@TropicalAcres.com
954-989-2500
Tamarac, Florida
“what a great surprise”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

even though they have been there for over 60 years, the excellence of the meal surprised me. the service (jean) was impeccable. our salads (caesar and garden) were perfect, with very good dressings. Our entrees (ny strip & king cut prime rib) were excellent. we also shared a 4 0z lobster tail that was perfectly done. our deserts of tiramisu and chocolate cake were great. the decor was sadly lacking, by about 40 years. i would suggest making reservations.