“Carlos & Pepe's Cinco de Mayo”

Carlos & Pepe's 17th St
Ranked #293 of 1,359 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed May 7, 2013

On vacation in Ft. Lauderdale. Went to Carols & Pepe's for Cinco de Mayo. The food was soooo good. Had the Tamales, rice and beans, Tune Dip & chips with a house Margarita and Fried Ice Cream. You get two large Tamales and fair amount of rice and beans. A "Must Try" is the Tuna Dip and the Fried Ice Cream; the Tuna dip is a little spicy but very good. Tab: $30 with a tip for one person but enough for two people. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites which is right next door to the restuarant. I had looked up places to eat close to the hotel prior to our trip. We both ordered the Cuban sandwich and it was great. They brought us chips and salsa after we had placed our order. The service was good. I would eat here again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food was decent, the salsa was excellent but the margaritas were good but a little sweet for my taste. Service was consistent and friendly. I would be inclined to go there again, but would also try other places with similar food.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This local stable Mexican institution has been in the same place for 30 years, enough said about dependability. While they are a little proud of the margaritas they are pretty darn good. Nachos are handncrafted and individuallynmade on your plate and can be a mealmon their own. Stay with the Mexican food, the gringo menu is not asngood. Fried ice-cream is a must!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I moved away from Ft lauderdale and this was one of my favorite restaurants. I was on a work trip and ended up staying right next to the restaurant and waited all day till 5 to place my order, having to be at the airport at 7:30 pm, I looked on the website and it said take out is available. I called at 5:15pm to place my order and the person told me they don't take orders over the phone, you have to actually go into the restaurant and order. I find this as poor customer service. For someone like me all I wanted to do was order my food, walk over and pick it up, so I can make it to the airport on time, unfortunately I don't have time to go in and have a sit down dinner or even stand around in the lobby waiting 30 minutes for my food. I will never come this restaurant again. You have a poor system offering services to all customers, don't put take out on your website if you don't offer take out service, that's false adverstisment because the American definition of take out is you call, place your order and come and pick it up, not go somewhere wait around for your food, at that point you should just get a table which defeats the purpose of take out.

3  Thank ROSSBOSS8