“Going strongnfor years”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This local stable Mexican institution has been in the same place for 30 years, enough said about dependability. While they are a little proud of the margaritas they are pretty darn good. Nachos are handncrafted and individuallynmade on your plate and can be a mealmon their own. Stay with the Mexican food, the gringo menu is not asngood. Fried ice-cream is a must!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I moved away from Ft lauderdale and this was one of my favorite restaurants. I was on a work trip and ended up staying right next to the restaurant and waited all day till 5 to place my order, having to be at the airport at 7:30 pm, I looked on the website and it said take out is available. I called at 5:15pm to place my order and the person told me they don't take orders over the phone, you have to actually go into the restaurant and order. I find this as poor customer service. For someone like me all I wanted to do was order my food, walk over and pick it up, so I can make it to the airport on time, unfortunately I don't have time to go in and have a sit down dinner or even stand around in the lobby waiting 30 minutes for my food. I will never come this restaurant again. You have a poor system offering services to all customers, don't put take out on your website if you don't offer take out service, that's false adverstisment because the American definition of take out is you call, place your order and come and pick it up, not go somewhere wait around for your food, at that point you should just get a table which defeats the purpose of take out.

3  Thank ROSSBOSS8
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved our dinner at Carlos and Pepe's! There was so much food we could hardly finish our dinners! We each had the combo plate where you could choose one burrito, taco and chile rellenos. Try the mango margarita its awesome : )

Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was our first time in Fort Lauderdale and we only had a few days, as we were going on a cruise. We asked our hotel (Embassy Suites) where we could get good food and they provided two choices. We chose Mexican - it was a 5 minute walk from our hotel :)

They have an outdoor patio and inside there's a bar section as well as booths and tables in the back. Our waitress was awesome - recommended the seafood tacos and they did not disappoint! They also give you chips and salsa to start and rice and beans with the tacos. Needless to say, we were stuffed.

Two best parts - 1. the owner came by to chat with us and we felt great knowing we were supporting a family business 2. great value

We loved it so much we came back from our cruise and made sure we had our last meal there before flying out! Will go back and recommend to friends!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We ate here at the recommendation of the Embassy Suites (next door) - i asked where I could get a good margarita.

We had the prickly pear margarita and one other (mango?). VERY good. Also shared an enchilada which I thought was very good.

I would eat here again.