“Great experience”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I was brought to Betty's today for breakfast...the food was amazing and the service was great. I can't wait to go back :-)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I heard about Betty's Soul Food about 12 years ago but had never eaten there until yesterday (May 10, 2014). The talk was all true; The food, the service, and the prices were excellent. Two thumbs up Betty..

2  Thank Kangotango1
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Moving to Florida from New York City, I figured because I was moving south I would have great soul food options. Not the case at all. After doing extensive research the popular consensus was, if you want real Soul food you've got to go to Betty's. We went, and although I've had much better, I have had worse also. I was not disappointed. It was OK but because there are virtually little to no options I am sure I will go back again when the craving hits us. The food is authentic. Some things were good others were just so/so. Chicken was good, collards were good, potato salad was just Ok. Service was nothing to write home about, they were cordial, took my order and called me when it was ready. Nothing more, nothing less.

This place looks like an old diner, there are about 9 tables which can hold 4 and a few seats at the counters but I wasn't somewhere I'd want to sit and eat. We also had the sweet potato pie, which I enjoyed. The location is in the Hood of Fort Lauderdale. (wouldn't be looking for this place too late night) but worth checking out if you love soul food.

PS: We ordered a Fried Turkey last Thanksgiving. The turkey was a good size, very moist and the price was good so if you've looking for an alternative to traditional turkey, give them a try.

3  Thank lbloveslife
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Southern cooking, how you expect it to be! Betty's does not let you down! The chicken, the gizzards, the greens are really good!

1  Thank draspanish
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The food the service was all good real people cooking real food just came from there 11/30/13 and i wanted to smack my mama the food was so good price are fair reminds me of my grandmothers cooking loved it an will go back many more times.