“Best Dam Soul Food Around”

Betty's Soul Food & Barbecue
Ranked #541 of 1,374 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The food the service was all good real people cooking real food just came from there 11/30/13 and i wanted to smack my mama the food was so good price are fair reminds me of my grandmothers cooking loved it an will go back many more times.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had ribs - it was decent. Nothing special to rave about.

At the same time, I found the service to be decent - better than I had expected from some of the reviews.

1  Thank AlexL259
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Here's the recipe: If you only judge the food you'll give it a 9. Sprinkle in the service and it scores a 6. Add in the neighborhood and you'll probably run away! But don't let that stop you. The food is worth it! I'm not saying that there is ever an excuse subpar service but "It is what is is!" The only soul food restaurant that I know of with great service has food that's no so great.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

While on vacation in Fort Lauderdale I really wanted a nice home cooked meal instead of the normal fast food I was eating daily so I looked up a couple of places and saw that this place had great reviews. The food was delicious. Prices were affordable. The only reason I am giving this review four stars instead of five is because the staff could have seemed as if they wanted my business. However, I definitely reccomend this place!

4  Thank charli G
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Well I eat there a lot and I have to say I'm a real big fan of their Mac n cheese, yams, and cabbage! The staff really sweet the location how ever is kinda shifty but once you walk in and smell that food you know your in the right place!

1  Thank Diamond30529