“Great food! That's it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Betty's Soul Food & Barbecue
Ranked #600 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Great food! That's it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Here's the recipe: If you only judge the food you'll give it a 9. Sprinkle in the service and it scores a 6. Add in the neighborhood and you'll probably run away! But don't let that stop you. The food is worth it! I'm not saying that there is ever an excuse subpar service but "It is what is is!" The only soul food restaurant that I know of with great service has food that's no so great.

Clinton, Maryland
“GREAT FOOD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

While on vacation in Fort Lauderdale I really wanted a nice home cooked meal instead of the normal fast food I was eating daily so I looked up a couple of places and saw that this place had great reviews. The food was delicious. Prices were affordable. The only reason I am giving this review four stars instead of five is because the staff could have seemed as if they wanted my business. However, I definitely reccomend this place!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank charli G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Well I eat there a lot and I have to say I'm a real big fan of their Mac n cheese, yams, and cabbage! The staff really sweet the location how ever is kinda shifty but once you walk in and smell that food you know your in the right place!

1 Thank Diamond30529
Chicago
“Good Soul Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Being from Chicago, I was looking for some good soul food while on vacation in Fort Lauderdale and I was told to go Betty's. The food was good and filling. Not the best that I have had but that's hard to beat after spending a few years in Atlanta. It was kind of hard to find but worth the trip.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank whitetn
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great soul food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been to Betty's many times. I am from Atlanta and couldn't find any soul food Resturants down here. Someone told me about Betty's and boy am I glad they did. I was craving it the other day and drove all the way there to find them closed doing remodeling and now I am on my way back there because I called and they are back open.. I always get two pieces of cake to go.. Home made Carmel cake.. Red velvet as well.. Love this place..

• Visited September 2012