“Great Service and Fabulous Beer Choices!”
Review of The Parrot Lounge

The Parrot Lounge
Ranked #62 of 1,374 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went for drinks in the evening. We did look at the menu and it looked very reasonable. They had an excellent selection of beers on tap and in the bottle from all over. I wish there was a place like this closer to home! Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the beers.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ok so I have a soft spot for Dive Bars but in a world of overpriced South Florida tourist traps can you really blame me?!

The Parrot is one of my favorite "local" bars to grab a bite to eat and a cold beer. I prefer to sit at the bar as the bartenders are very friendly and will usually introduce themselves and ask you your name as well. They always have a great selection of unique beers on tap and bottle and they do a great job at having a nice selection of Florida beers.

I'm obsessed with the Chicken Philly sandwich and can't bring myself to ever order anything different. Nice shaved/chopped chicken with oooey gooey cheese, onions, mushrooms, and peppers. Just had one last night and seriously writing this make me want another!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had such a great time at the Parrot Lounge! We got in to Ft. Lauderdale later on a Saturday and we went over to the Parrot after we settled into our hotel. My younger brother who lives down there was excited to go because it is a "Philly" bar and he was missing home a little! The food was excellent, we has the fish dip, the mahi cheesesteak, a po boy and I had Mahi bites. Everything was great and was made even better by our waitresses recommendation of Gator Sauce. Seriously... try it! Speaking of, our waitress was phenomenal! Service was fast and she was so friendly! The craft beer selection was impressive, especially for the area. My brother said it is one of the first places he saw craft beers and he has been down there for 4 years. We had a great time and even returned the next night because any of the beach front bars were too windy! Definitely check this place out!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice variety of craft beers. Excellent service. They are planning on opening a raw bar, so there was free servings of shrimp and oysters available, and they were excellent.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Excellent selection of beers onsite and the burgers I ordered were tasty. Only downside is the sheer number of TVs (I counted over 14) showing sports which makes the bar less convivial than some I have been in.