“Very friendly place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This pub was right around the corner from where we stayed. I stopped in one day for a take-out lunch and was very surprised at the excellent qualtiy of the food. On our 4 day vacation we ended up going here 5 times for either lunch, coctails, or a late night snack (with cocktails). The staff are very professional but seem to really like working here and we were made to feel very at home.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Fun place with good drinks and food. If your from the Philadelphia area, this place is a must place to visit

Reviewed March 23, 2012

food was pretty good and food was very reasonably priced. we ate there for lunch and they had several great daily specials.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

staff was friendly and helpful. drink specials and comparable prices on food. lots of TV to view and outdoor seating if you choose. well worth a visit if your in Lort Lauderdale

Reviewed March 7, 2012

While visiting Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise we decided to go on foot from our hotel to grab a bite to eat for lunch and a couple drinks. Around the corner from our hotel was The Parrot Lounge. I know from speaking to friends from our hometown, this apparently is a popular spot. I'm not sure if it's popular soley for the drinks, but the food was awful. The bar is decorated with your typical bar type items. There's table (booth) seating and lots of seating around the bar. There are a number of tvs hanging, so I imagine that you can see a tv from wherever you are sitting. A lot of the tvs are older models, so the quality wasn't that great. Upon arriving I used the ladies room and I typically say if the bathroom is nasty, the establishment probably is also. There was one toilet in the bathroom, so if this place got busy, you are in trouble. Now, there could have been another restroom located in the establishment, but I didn't see it. The bathroom looked like it hadn't had a thorough cleaning in quite some time. There was "gunk" in the corners of the floor, and the tiles looked very dirty. I wanted to get out of there fast. My husband attempted to use the mens room, but after walking inside he decided to wait and go somewhere else.
We both ordered a couple glasses of wine. The selection was fine for a bar, nothing spectacular, nothing really horrible.
We both ordered the same thing, grilled chicken sandwhich with broccoli on the side. The chicken was like shoe leather. I don't know how you can mess up chicken to that point, unless it had been cooked and reheated several times. It was just terrible. The broccoli was yellow in spots, not the fresh green appearance. We were starved from traveling, so we ate some of this by burying it in BBQ sauce. My husband did ask for tobasco and when it was brought to us, the rim around the lid had so much caked dried up tobasco sticking to it, he couldn't use it. These apparently were not cleaned at all. I proceeded to hunt down another tobasco from a table, only to find that every one I found on the tables all had the same crusty dried up gunk on them.
I would recommend this bar for a drink, but if you are hungry or need to use the bathroom, drink a lot and you won't see the dirt, but by all means, save your appetite for another place.