“Love it”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I've been to a few locations and it is always good. Big portions. Authentic and delicious. I like the lechon and the media noche.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This is one of our fav restaurants in Lauderdale and we always stop at least once during our vacays. The service has always been great when we've visited, even when there are big parties, which seems frequent. The toasted garlic bread is good, but we always start with the amazing beef empanadas. The pastry is tender and light and the beef filling generous and tasty. The mojo sauce it comes with is yummy too. My absolute fav dish is the ropa vieja. Sooo tender and perfectly seasoned. The rice, black beans and fried plantains that accompany the dish are perfect. My husband loves the roast pork and the cuban sandwiches are great as well. This is food we crave btwn visits and can't wait to enjoy again and again. The Collins Ave location in Miami is also delicious. I wish there was a DC location! ;)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were here around 8 to 9 Saturday night. It was not crowded. My family and I ate here once before years ago and remembered the place when we walked in. We were seated promptly. Everyone ordered - I had the shredded beef with plantains,rice, and black beans, others had cuban sandwiches. The food tasted fine and the price did not bust our budget. We will come back again.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I met up with a friend from Hawaii who was here on business. He said he has never tried Cuban food before and asked if we could try some. I did a quick Tripadvisor search and this one looked good.

We went without a reservation on a Thursday night and we were surprised at how quiet it was. It's not season in June which might explain it.

We sat a a table and the server quickly approached. I told my friend that in my limited experience, Cuban food is well seasoned but not spicy like Mexican food. He does not like spice. We order Picadillo, my favorite, and he left to place our order. This is when something weird happened. He said the kitchen is out of ground beef!!! It did not get it delivered today!!! We changed our orders to Ropa vieja. Not a favorite but was inexpensive which suited my guest.

I must say that it was very good. You got a nice portion with black beans and rice and a side of sweet plantains. For the price, it was a nice meal and very good quality.As an unexperienced Cuban food eater, I enjoyed my meal but can not comment on it's authenticity. I will give them another try and hope they get their ground beef delivery before my visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel staff. After arriving inside the restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised. We were quickly seated by a lady named Julia. She was fantastic. Our food was ready quickly and it was delicious. The Lechon Asado (Roast Pork) for $9.95 was really good. All our meals were served with bread, white rice, black beans, and sweet plantains.