“Tasty Cuban food in strop mall??”

Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #52 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We searched out Las Vegas to try their Papas Rellenas, the prices seemed decent so we stayed for lunch.

We drove by it a few times until we saw their simple sign on the building, so I agree that it is a little hard to locate.

Their Papas Rellenas were not quite what we were expecting. We have had this dish several places and it has always been several deep fried mashed potatoes balls filled with meat and an olive. Their version was just as tasty but it was a softball size ball with a chili sort of filling poured over the top.

We had pork, chicken, steak, and appetizers. Everything was delicious. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a good cuban meal for a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

A little tough to find-corner of Oakland park and bay view, you will be satisfied with some down-home Cuban cuisine at Las Vegas.
Was turned on to this "semi-chain" from remembering a great meal at Las Vegas in Coral Gables, which is the gold standard, but the food in Ft. Lauderdale was nearly as good. Go for the lunch specials, you can't go wrong and make sure to have an el presidente to complete the transport to Havana. Nice people, very clean and well dressed servers, a great find in a strip mall.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We asked a local for good Cuban food and they suggested Las Vegas in addition to several other restaurants. This location happened to be adjacent to our hotel so we gave it a try. The atmosphere was very nice and service good. The menu was unimpressive looking. If I based everything on the presentation of the menu, I might have left. But once the food arrived, it looked better than presented in the menu photos. The food was great and the pricing was fair. I recommend that the management look into having the menu redesigned and the images of the food photographed. I would definitely return to this place. Good Food.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Been to other Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine in Hollywood, Fl. This place food is much better and the atmosphere is MUCH nicer.
Order the appetizer sampler which was awesome!!! along with a Cuban sandwich and also paella. The paella was filled with seafood to the point it stuffed me.

The service was good, but could of been little more friendly.

Negative issues - no not really.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We overnighted in Ft. Lauderdale before catching a cruise to the Caribbean. Upon arrival we asked the hotel shuttle driver if he could recommend a great Cuban restaurant. He laughed and said, "You are in luck! It's directly across the street from the hotel."

Las Vegas is a delightful mom and pop, family run restaurant. When we entered the restaurant we were greeted by a sweet young girl. The entire staff (all family I believe) were kind and helpful. We ordered the nightly specials and were blown away by the flavors and simplicity of the dishes. I had Shrimp and Lobster in a Cilantro Creme with Fried Plantains, Black Beans and Rice. It was absolutely delicious.

If you are going to be in the Ft. Lauderdale area, I highly recommend Las Vegas!