“Not what it used to be”

Nick's Italian Restaurants
Ranked #102 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Covington, Kentucky
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

While the staff was friendly and accommodating, the pizza was not neatly as good as it has been in the past. We could have used the napkin to soak up the oil on top of the pizza and my salad was served with a hair. While I know that accidents happen all the time in restaurants, this hair was right on top of the salad and very easy to see. We have a history of more than 30 years with Nick's but I was so disappointed this time. There are just too many better than average and very good Italian restaurants in the area so, unfortunately, we will move on. Sadly disappointed.

Westbury, New York
“nice staff”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had a nice mid sized group. We were well accommodated. Calamari appy was delicious. My meal was a bit salty for my taste. Big portions.

Visited January 2014
Tortola
“Tasty”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had a very nice meal at Nick's. The restaurant was quite busy when we arrived at 7PM. The young lady serving us was pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. The special of the day was the Veal Parmigiana and was very good as was my Linguini with a Bolognese sauce.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“One of the best Italian restaurants”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We recently stayed at Galt Villas and this restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel as great food but slow service. Well, we found the service to be very good, attentive and prompt. No complaints here. We found the food to be even better. We were a party of four and two of us ordered the ziti with meat sauce, one ordered fried calamari and the last ordered spaghetti with sausage and peppers. The food was fantastic. That is all I can say.

We had to leave the next morning. We really wanted to go back to the restaurant. Oh well, maybe on our next trip to the area. Try it, you will really enjoy this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
“Casual Italian dining at its best!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I have been eating at Nick's since the early 90's. Their rigatoni a la vodka was always my favorite. Over time they switched pasta's but kept the delicious sauce. I would like to review other foods but I just have to order the pasta a la vodka every time because it is so good! They serve it with a great salad and delicious home made bread and butter. Others in my family have had pizza's and many other dishes which were always delicious as well. I always recommend Nick's for great Italian food.