“Great food, service not so much.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Cafe De Paris - CLOSED

Le Cafe De Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great food, service not so much.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We sat outside, love the piano playing, decorations and coziness. We had the mushroom soup, delicious . Also 6 oysters on the half shell, best we have had in a long time. Cold, tender and so very fresh. I had the shrimp scampi, if you are thinking shrimp drowned in butter and garlic, think again! 5 huge(u15's or larger). In a delicious sauce, they were browned and a bit crispy and it was a good crispy. Just so good. Hubby had the tuna, MR. Cooked perfectly. No complaints.
As we were getting done eatting we noticed the table next to s enjoying Creme brûlée ...we had to have that too! We asked to see the desert tray. And we waited, and waited. To the point I said never mind. Finally the tray came...oh well.
They weren't that busy. A rainy Sunday night at 7:30. So our thoughts are the food is to die for, if you can tolerate slow or little service, you'll be fine. The food will carry you through.

Las Olas Blvd is just so much fun!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Nicki61

Coral springs
“Better than excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very professional service approp to a tablecloth restaurant. Decor and ambience and live piano music set the stage for a lovely dinner. Food was prepared well and top quality. Great wine list that was reasonably priced.

Visited September 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“The taste of Paris on las Olas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you're looking for a very decent French meal in South Florida, you might try Le Cafe de Paris in Ft. Lauderdale. My friends and I enjoyed a delightful dinner that included escargots and several other traditional French appetizers, a variety of regional French entrees and signature desserts. In addition to the terrific food, the lovely and talented Patrician Zanghi plays piano several nights each week. Bon appetit!

• Visited May 2013
Fenton, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent French Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Oysters Rockefeller were an excellent appetizer. I had the steak Diane and my sister had the sweetbreads. Both were excellent!

• Visited January 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Pricey, but, we like it anyway :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The location is right on Las Olas Blvd in the little trendy section. This is our second time dining here.

We first went on a Saturday night and all 3 sections of the restaurant were open. They have 3 indoor rooms, all separated by walls with different "French" decor. The menu covers show an overhead view of the heart of Paris.

When we went last night, a weeknight, we did not have a choice on what room to sit in as only one was open and the other 2 dark. There as still seating out front, outdoor cafe style, which seems to be popular.

The chairs are a little flimsy -- like wicker chairs, and I wondered if my handicapped mother would be able to dine there (probably not) as it was the only seating option, other than a stool at the bar or the piano.

I had not been in this room with the piano bar before.

My daughter felt under-dressed as we'd just come from our hotel pool and were dressed very casual. But there were others there in shorts, seemed to be regular customers, sitting at the bar in a baseball cap. I think the name just threw my daughter off, as I have seen people with casual dress in here before.

A hamburger will cost you 14 dollars here. The first time it was brought out, the order was wrong -- my daughter is allergic to dairy and we asked for it plain but it came with cheese, regardless.

The waiter did not seem friendly - not unfriendly - just sort of "there", not big on personality. No smiles, no anything - which I found a little odd but, I am fairly down to earth. It's all good.

He was attentive with refilling our water glasses regularly.

He did, however, serve us burned rolls. I am just thinking of this now, but, we did not complain.

That's what we get for dressing casual ... JUST kidding.

I ordered from the appetizer menu - a dish with scallops, shrimp and mushrooms in a rich cheese sauce. It is very good, and the shrimp is my favorite in this dish! Another member of my party had it for the first time and loved it, as well. it is quite filling.

The burger my daughter had was partially burned, so she left that part -- I had it back at the htoel and I thought it was delicious!! I love "char-broiled" food so WOW, if that had been my burger ? I would have rated it one of my favorites.

Quite yummy.

It is pricey, but we did enjoy it for a change of pace - finding menu items we don't typically see. In fact some I have never seen before.

The room with the piano seemed more popular with older folks as the pianist played songs like "Moon River" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Again, it's a place I really think my older mother would really enjoy - both the food and the atmosphere. I just don't think we'd find a comfortable seat for her where she would feel steady.

Right on Las Olas, if you sit outside surely there is good People - watching for those who are into that.

• Visited August 2013