“Good Place For A Group Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Southport Raw Bar

Southport Raw Bar
Ranked #38 of 1,322 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia,TN
“Good Place For A Group Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a group of 21 here for dinner and had a great time. Menu has plenty of variety. Happy hour specials and daily specials are offered. Inside or outside tables available. Service was good and the prices made this a great place for our group outing.

• Visited June 2013

Pleasanton, California
“Very disappointed with the food and even more so with the service (or the lack of it)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I found this restaurant through Tripadvisor, and boy, I don't think I can be anymore disappointed. We arrived at the place at around 8pm on a Saturday night. It was pretty packed but we were seated within 5 minutes (that's the only positive). After we were seated, it took our server over 20 minutes to come greet us (after we asked for our server from the hostess). We were seated at the same time with two other parties adjacent to our tables. One of them (I'll refer to party A) had the server we had (a young man in his late 20s) and the other party (I'll refer to them as party B) had another server (some middle-age lady). The server for party B was attending to party B all the time...she cracked jokes, brought food out quickly, and was always there attending to their needs. Our server, however, was always MIA. He is nowhere to be found. When we finally spotted him wandering around, we had to ask him 3 times to refill our water before he did so. Party B was nearly finished with their main course before Party A and our party even saw our appetizers. We had to ask the hostess to track down our order since we waited over 30 minutes for our food. And 2 minutes after we asked our hostess, they brought our appetizers and main course at the same time. And guess what? there were NO utensils! So, we had to ask for that too. I observed party A had the same exact experience. So needless to say, the service was absolutely horrendous as someone else pointed out in another review.

About the food: the clam chowder was extremely salty...I usually love salty food but this was way too salty. And where are the clams? I couldn't find any in the soup...only lots of potatoes. The old-fashion shrimps were just as salty as the clam chowder and way overcooked. If you follow my other reviews, you'll see that I'm normally not too picky on food. But the food at this place truly disappoints. I guess I have myself to blame for ordering the Philly Cheesesteak at a seafood place. The sandwich was the worst cheesesteak sandwich I've ever had. I can make a sandwich better than the one I ordered here...

When we were done with our meal, we had to ask our server for our dessert the moment we spotted him roaming near us. At that time, we were already done with our meals for over 20 minutes. He came back with our dessert but did not bus the dishes so we had to stack our dishes to make room for the dessert. He came around with our check shortly after and gave us a coupon that he claims someone in another table left behind. The coupon was for dessert up to $10. He applied the coupon on our check, so in-return I tipped him $10 just to cover the cost of the dessert. If not for that coupon, I would not even leave a tip. I've never felt compeled to not leave a tip but the server we had surely works hard to not get tipped by his customers.

All in all, the service is terrible and the food is below average. I hope other Tripadvisor users who experienced what we experienced would leave more feedback here so others can avoid places like these. Since we only stayed in Fort Lauderdale for one night, I can't provide any suggestions on other restaurants in the area. But I will leave some reviews of restaurants I tried in Miami which have good food and service.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stafford, Virginia
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Okay for lunch. Fried food did not taste very fresh. Garlic bread was a hoagie sub roll which was burnt. Not a place to celebrate a special occasion; not romantic. Okay for bar night.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Awesome seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband went fishing on Wednesday and caught some wahoo and mahi mahi, which we took to the Southport Raw Bar. They grilled the fish for us and added sides of our choice. Incredible service! The fish was excellent. Definitely a memory to last a lifetime.

Visited August 2013
wilmington nc
“Hreat atmosphere overlooking the water, not so great food and barely average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Can not agree with most reviews. Service was not great. Servers not very knowledgeable of menu and said "it's all good I think". Live on the coast and the boiled shrimp with old bay were good. The fried shrimp did not have a fresh seafood taste. Menu is ala carte so sides cost extra and over priced. Would recommend raising entree prices and including a small potion of sides.

• 5 of 5 bubbles