“I found a dime in my taco . . .”
Review of Hot Tomatos Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hot Tomatos Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Lauderdale
Description: Hot Tomatos is a quick and casual Mexican restaurant using the freshest ingredients. We have a wide variety of Mexican dishes and even offer breakfast. To make Hot Tomatos Mexican restaurant even more convenient we offer free delivery. At Hot Tomatos, you’ll find plenty of spice on the menu and a fresh attitude throughout the restaurant. With a unique approach to Mexican Food, we’re one of the leading fresh Mexican chains on the West Coast. We never use microwaves, can openers or lard. And we don’t add MSG. Our superior taste starts with fresh, quality ingredients, including fresh tomatos, avocados, lettuce, bell peppers, onions, a squeeze of lime and more. We grill boneless, skinless, all-white-meat chicken, tender steak, big succulent shrimp and flavorfull grilled fish. Hot Tomatos, keeping life fresh!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I found a dime in my taco . . .”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I found a dime in my taco this afternoon. I barely received an apology. There was no offer to do anything for me, I had to ask for my money back. Unfortunately, the woman preparing the food only spoke Spanish so I couldn't understand what she was saying but the Manager said, "there is no money where the food is prepared". I will not be going back to Hot Tomatos for any reason.

• Visited October 2013

Chicago
1,330 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,198 helpful votes
“Mostly carry out”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had two business lunches here during a recent trip to Fort Lauderdale. This is more of a carry out place, but there are a few tables if you want to eat in. The salad was better than the burrito.

• Visited June 2013
florida
“Will eventually make a customer sick.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I saw the cook use her gloved hand to pound raw hamburger meat and proceeded to work on another order with the same gloved hand. She did not change gloves after shaping the hamburger. She used the same glove to pick up toppings to make other orders.

Visited November 2012
South Florida
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Had the Mexican breakfast. Great job. Price is great also. Wish I had known about it before. Now have to try the lunch menu. They just need to serve coffee

• Visited December 2011