“Very good German food with great service and upbeat atmosphere!”

Old Heidelberg Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 1,359 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: European, German, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised when walked in the door. We felt like we were at a restaurant in Germany. The decor, the atmosphere, the waitresses and the great music and food all made for a very special evening. Our waitress Carmen went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect!

1  Thank springflowers221

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I took my 93 year old German Lady friend for lunch. We have visited this charming German Restaurant several times We were greeted by a waitress in a typical German dress with German music in the background. I ordered Paprika Schnitzel and my lady friend ordered Jaeger Schnitzel Veal Dish. When asked if my Lady Friend could have a Dumpling instead of Spaetzile, we were told there would be a extra cost. "$2.00 for one Dumpling"! I can't remember when I was charged for a substitution. I guess this is why it is called OLD HEIDELBERG! However with this damper the food was still great.

1  Thank Harry133
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have dined at OId Heidelberg on several occasions. Tonight we arranged for a party of four to have reservations at 6pm. Three people in our party had wanted to order the roasted pork shank Schweinshxe "Old Munich" and this was the reason for celebrating a 73rd birthday at this restaurant. The waitress immediately told us that there were no pork shanks available for dinner. You would think that early on a Saturday night a dish as popular as this would be available since they are on the menu and listed at market price.

Make sure, if you have a preference, that it is available prior to reserving a table and not being disappointed when paying over $100 for a dinner substitute.

1  Thank flapjs
Reviewed August 12, 2014

It was hard to choose something one the menu because everything looked so good. We both had the snitzel, it was amazing, the German beer was tasty also, service is friendly and fast.

3  Thank iceboy2008
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The food at Old Heidelberg is very authentic and delicious. We spent a lot of time there watching the 2014 soccer world cup, and everything we ever ordered was excellent. Not to mention their great German beers on tab.

1  Thank Svenja I