“Great German food and beer”

Old Heidelberg Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: European, German, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Gettysburg, PA
“Great German food and beer”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great quality in everything. Wonderful authentic German food. Nine terrific German draft beers. Interesting and peaceful atmosphere with unique antiques and collectibles. Three performers alternate nights. We heard a talented guy on the accordion singing nostalgic German and American pop and folk songs. The wait staff are very friendly and professional. Half block from Holiday Inn Express on 1150 state Road 84 where we stay before taking a cruise.

• Visited May 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not great...but not sure where is better”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not a lot of choices for German food in the area. The food and service were only average. However, for what you get, i believe it is overpriced by about 25%.
All the usual suspects of German fare are on the menu. There were four of us in our party during this recent visit - no one is a food snob - and we all felt the same. Everyone's meal was OK - the wiener schnitzel, goulash and the sausage platter 7/10.
I would recommend for first time visits the Octoberfest Mixed Plate.

• Visited February 2013
ny
“Great menu Real German dishes”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a Schweinhax It was humongous Crispy outside and tender juicy meat inside Very large portion came with dumpling and sauerkraut Fiends had Sauerbraten Schnitzel Holstein and Weiswurst All were very pleased with their choices
Too full for dessert Great choice of beers also

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food and excellent atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food was good and the atmosphere was fantastic! The prices were a little steep, but they really are the only German restaurant around. The draught beers are excellent and I had the sampler plate, which included various sausages, potatoes, etc. My wife and I went with our two year old daughter and were very welcomed. Excellent service and the food was very good. This is definitely on our top five list of family restaurants in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area.

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent food that truly embodies a real German meal!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stopped here with a friend for dinner on my first night in Fort Lauderdale with a friend. I ordered the Sauerbraten with red cabbage and spatzle ... It was excellent!! ... They also had my favorite beer --- Spaten Oktoberfest. We were provided with a complimentary Apple Strudel due to wait issues when we arrived .. Everything was delicious!! ... I am back tonight on my last night in town for another great meal... Duplicating my order!!!

• Visited April 2013