“A Wonderland German Evening”

Old Heidelberg Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 1,340 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: European, German, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

On a suggestion from the Holiday Inn Express, 1150 State Rd. 84, Ft. Lauderdale, FL we walked over to the Old Heidelberg German Restaurant on 900 W State Rd. 84. We went there on January 24, 2013 and had a wonderful evening enjoying German music and food. I had the Schnitzel dish and my wife had a pork dish. The food was very good and we both had German beer to accompany our meal. Our waitress was Carmen and she was very helpful in our selection. There was live German music which added to the evening. We will defiantly return there again and recommend The Old Heidelberg to anyone.

1  Thank Arturo48
There are newer reviews for Old Heidelberg Restaurant

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food really was not that good. Small portions and my potatoe pancakes were extremely greasy. Also, the air conditioning didn't seem to work that day.

1  Thank KathySimu
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I ate dinner at the Old Heidelberg Restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, FL tonight (1/26/2013). In fact I had lunch there yesterday and dinner there the night before. I discovered the Old Heidelberg Restaurant when I first came to Ft. Lauderdale in 2011. I love good German food and only wish that I could transplant this restaurant to my native Los Angeles. Not just good food but great food and great service. Tabitha and the rest of the girls at Old Heidelberg work very hard to please the customers. The music isn't bad either - I never heard Mendocino sung in German before, but I liked it.

1  Thank Dwain C
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I lived in Germany for 20 years, and this is the most authentic German food I've found in the US. The portions are huge and very tasty. German wine selection was disappointing and our server knew little about it, but everything else was good.

1  Thank DoDDSTravelingteach
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Place was "okay" but definately not worth the high prices charged. Would not choose it again. Lots and lots of decorations on the wall and did someome playing authentic music during the dinner hour.

1  Thank twomuchfun1701