“Place To Stay Before Your Cruise”

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ranked #67 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Lancaster. PA
“Place To Stay Before Your Cruise”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This motel is old and in need of renovation but was okay for one night to stay before our cruise. Room was clean and on the back side way from the noisy night club - Locos Cocos. We had a king sized bed that had a mattress that should have beed replaced a while ago. The price paid includrd a continental breakfast - not worth much - but you could pay $3 each to get hot breafast which was not too bad. Mu suggestion would be to get a better place, pay a little more and get your treansportation to cruise dock covered in your price. This place was okay but I would look elsewhere. If you come here, eat at ehe Rendevous Restaurant at the marina down the side street from this motel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Codyschoice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cohoes, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Upon returning to the hotel from a cruise that staff here was unbelievable. Not only did we have lost luggage, but a person in our group had medical problems coming off the cruise. Vivian went beyond her call of duty to assist us with locating our lost luggage that contained the medication needed for our sick guest; and assisted us with everything we could do to care for the guest while waiting for the luggage to be located and picked up.

The Restaurant Hostess, Guri, was exceptional as well in taking care of every need we had during this difficult time that was outside the control of this wonderful staff.

Would definitely stay here again with this staff!!

Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My husband, some friends and I stayed at this Ramada just for one night as we were leaving the next day for a cruise. This hotel was nice, clean, sufficient and served our purpose. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was fantastic. All five people in our group enjoyed their meal, no complaints. The next morning we upgraded from the continental breakfast offered to the hot breakfast buffet by paying $3.00 per person. The hot breakfast served the purpose. I don't know if the shuttle service is part of the hotel or outsourced, but was the most organized shuttle service we have ever used. They took reservations for a specific time and actually called us the next morning as they were running a little early. Once on board, a roll call was taken to make sure everyone was present before departing. This is really of great value to us since last year at a different hotel, they did not accept reservations and the hotel we stayed at was the last in the loop and each time the shuttle came through it was full by the time it got to us. We had to wait 2 1/2 hours, while people staying at the hotels at the beginning of the loop were able to just walk out the door and catch the shuttle.

2 Thank weezygrl
San Francisco
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I booked this place to stay for one night before a cruise primarily because it offers a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise pier. I did stay there a couple of years ago before a cruise and had no problems other than the slowness of the shuttle pick up at the airport. This time however, I was booked into a torture chamber of a room. The sounds of the disco reverberated through the walls, floors and furniture in my my room until well after 4am. At 3:57, half-crazed from lack of sleep, I called the front desk to complain and ask when the disco was going to close and he didn't even know and had to go ask. Despite the fact that I was tired from a full day of travel to get to Fort Lauderdale, I got no sleep at all until after the place cleared out after 4am. Since I was so exhausted I slept right through the free breakfast but based on the comments of others, that may have been just as well. Also, the was a very strong disinfectant smell in my room. When I complained to the manager in the morning she acknowledged there was a problem with the noise form the disco and agreed to take half off my bill. So if they know how loud it is in rooms near the disco how do they have they gall to still rent thme out?

4 Thank sfdee
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2011

The hotel manager, Vivian, and her daughter, Genevieve, are top notch! We had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on numerous occasions before and after cruises and we are always remembered and welcomed back like family. My uncle came all the way from Holland to join us. He actually had a tear in his eye as he waved and said "Bye, bye, Ramada" when we left. It was like a home away from home for him for almost 3 weeks total over the past three months, and he really felt comfortable and cared about here. Vivian should be commended for making guests feel welcome with her bright smile and pleasant attitude. Especially considering what a busy hotel this is......she never seems stressed or gives less than 100% and we truly appreciate her being so kind to our family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
albany, ny
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I was going on a cruise the next day so I picked this hotel for the transportation from the airport and to the cruise ship. The grounds were beautiful around the pool but the hotel itself was older and needed updating. It was located in the middle of nowhere so you couldn't walk anywhere outside the hotel. There was dancing which started at midnight and ended at 4 am and attracted a rowdy loud crowd. The police showed up right outside my door. I will probably pick a place closer to the beach next time.

1 Thank Albany_NyBuns
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Wow what a place.... I will never, ever go with the Ramada inn name again. This place was dumpy, run down, the beds were saggy, bedding was stained, the place smelled of mildew and cleaners. The light switches had years of grime on them, almost like they had never ever been cleaned or touched with any sort of a cleaner in all the years the motel has been there. The restuarant was lousy requiring a gratuity in advance for no service after they took your order and brought the microwaved lasagna back (probably stauffers freezer brand). It was way over priced for what the facilities and the rooms were. The continental breakfast was below par, the servers or the facility would not even make a new copy for their names to put on the table they used a copy that was dirty and well used, and frankly something I do not wish to see sitting by my food. I would have probably hated to see the kitchen if this kind of mess was what the hotel allowed the customer to see the kitchen would be worse

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple