“Perfect for overnighter, great Service from Vivian”

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ranked #70 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Utah
“Perfect for overnighter, great Service from Vivian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

This was the perfect spot for a pre cruise stay for the budget concious.The hotel is a little old, and in need of some work, but beyond that it worked out beautifully for my group. Airport transportation was very efficient. Staff were friendly and helpful. Pool area could use a few more tables and chairs, but we managed to have a good time out there. Rooms were clean and quite large. The price for my group was unbelievably reasonable. Group coordinater Vivian was superb to work with. She made everything she promised happen. She also took extra special care of us after the cruise.
I don't understand any of these folks who find it necessary to write reviews and flat out try to mislead potentail customers. If you want 5 star, then pay for it !!!. This hotel is as advertised. They don't claim to be 5 star or charge 5 star prices. I would say it is a 3 star for 2 star price. Continental Breakfast was ok, nothing great, filled the hole until we got to the ship, so it served it's purpose.. Those in my group that used the restauraunt for meals said it was quite good. My only disappointment was that the Tiki Bar closed at 5 pm
Not sure why, cause we were prepared to provide it with some heavy business. The inside Bar was ok, too quiet. Beds were confy, room amenities were quite adequate. I would definitely recommend this hotel for individuals or groups who need a place to hang out the day before your cruise. It is not a resort by any means. location would be tough for those looking for an extended stay. but it is perfect for 1 or 2 nights. Thanks again Vivian and Staff for your tremendous efforts. We all had a good time.

George Taylor

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

The motel was OK. Not great mind you, but it worked out fine for a pre-cruise stay. The office is kind of odd, it's like it's stuck in another decade, maybe the 70's. While things look clean at first glance, it was clear that dusting wasn't a priority here. I was worried while waiting to check in. It was surprisingly busy considering we arrived after mid-night. I originally chose this category because I was looking for airport and cruise port transportation but at least one website said they didn't run shuttles after mid-night but I was worried that with even the slightest delay we would miss it. You might want to confirm this. We ended it up renting a car.

They do have new beds as mentioned on their website. I found ours to be quite comfy but my son said his was very hard. Our room had granite counter tops and all new bathroom fixtures. This wasn't true for the other rooms we booked, so it appears they are in the midst of remodeling. The air/heat unit would cycle through and shut off like a central air system. Those units are loud but fine for sleeping if they don't shut off during the middle of the night as it was, that was the only thing that disturbed my sleep.
The worst part of the room was the fact that the walls and base boards had been painted over so many time through the years that it was really lumpy and tacky looking. The walls were clean but the base boards were quite dusty but the rest of the room was clean.
Would I stay here again? For the right price, yes.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

Hotel has been had a soft goods renovation since I was there last. Loved the new bed spreads, pillows, sheets. The beds very cozy . Breakfast in the morning was very nice and the staff was there to please. This was the low time of year, so not too crowded and pool was perfect with a Tiki Bar and lush vegetation all around. The hotel location is off the Inter-state, so not close to shops. But you can walk if you are in good shape to Winn-Dixie and Big Lots during the day if you need something. Rooms have refrigators which were perfect for water and drinks that we brought in. Will use this hotel and again and again in the future. If you go tell Olga in the restaurant hello from Ann in Indiana. She is a
holocaust survivor of WWII. She is unbelieveable pillar of strength . Vivian is a great manager of the hotel and joy to work with.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

wife and i went on another cruise..prices are RIGHT ! stayed at ramada cruise port inn again...the motel continues to amaze us for the price, 3 star price with 5 star service..i will tell all our friends..take advantage of this great place when you cruise from south florida
staff is gracious and food is great....free transportation...everything is done for you..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wilma1080
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and 2 other couples stayed here the night before our Cruise out of Miami. We received a package that included, night stay at hotel, breakfast and shuttle to Miami Cruise Port the next day. The lobby staff were helpful and pleasant. The room was clean and updated. You can see around the hotel how they are constantly maintaining the property. We ate dinner in their restaurant which was very good and the service was excellent. Continental Breakfast was included but for $3.00 more you could have a full Breakfast Buffet which was also good. I stayed here 3 years ago and I was pleased with this hotel, so when we were doing the same kind of traveling I suggested to the other couples this hotel. Then I read some of the reviews from trip advisor and became concerned. I emailed management of the Hotel and received a call from Vivian assuring me that hotel standards did not change from 3 years ago. She was absolutely right. Yes this hotel is older but like I said the management and staff maintain the hotel very well and I do not have any hesistations in using this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

This hotel seemed to be the only hotel in Fort Lauderdale that offered a Port of Miami cruise package (incl. shuttle transfer). The price ($149/night) seemed okay as it included the shuttle for me, my husband, and 2 children.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The lobby was very busy with people and their luggage seemingly awaiting their transfers to the ports, however, we were taken care of very quickly and efficiently. The state of the lobby was fresh looking, however, once we entered the outside courtyard to get to our room, it was obvious that our stay would be a very basic one. The courtyard itself was nice enough, with lots of tropical plants surrounding the pool area. The building, however, was in desperate need of repair. Without the courtyard, it would have looked like a run-down dump you would find in an inner city slum.
Our room smelled of dirty baby diaper once we first opened the door. I am sure the room had been cleaned, but whatever they used to 'hide' the old smells was terrible. Once we settled in, my daughter noticed lots of little bugs around the window (inside). We then noticed many little bugs making their way along the countertop/vanity area in the bathroom. This could be due to the fact that there was very little in the way of caulking around the outside door frame.
The 'cafe' was a bit dated, and we hoped that we could at least get a decent meal prior to retiring for the night. Not so. The food was terrible! The menu was limited, which may be a good thing. This was such a shame because we couldn't see anything else in the area where we could dine. We were right off the freeway with nothing else in sight.

On the up side, the shuttle service to the Port of Miami was efficient, and we had no complaints there.

We did have a standing reservation for the same hotel on the end of our cruise, and I really wanted to cancel and rebook somewhere else, however, my husband thought that could create more problems, and decided we should just stick with it. The 2nd stay was the same experience as the first. No problems with the shuttle from the Port back to the hotel, however, room stunk and food was gross.

When I compare the rate of this hotel to that of the brand new Westin located at Detroit Wayne-County Airport ($119/night incl. 10 days of valet parking), there was no question... The Ramada is an overpriced dump and I will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

Hotel is all right. Rooms and beds are cozy. Only complaint is this hotel has the worst check in and check out of any hotel I have ever stayed in. slow and disorganized. Bars are understaffed. Otherwise all right.

• Stayed October 2010