$99
HIExpress.com
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
$99
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$206
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$157
$139
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$169
$241
$199
Trip.com
  • Pool
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$253
HotelsClick
2,482 results
All reviewsroom was cleanpre cruise staycomplimentary breakfastnice pooltikicruiseportmiamimarinafll
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Booked through Ramada - specifically asking if there was a resort fee - told no (the guy even chuckled as though I were silly to think such a thing), arrived after a 24 hr drive to be told there was a $5/day resort fee. Got to the room, no Do Not Disturb sign -- made one and stuck it to the door - house keeping knocked the next morning, we yelled we didn't need them. They left and CALLED! Asked front desk for a sign and were told they didn't have any that they were "in the room". Woman at desk gave me the other items (toilet paper and wash clothes) we wanted and said she would contact housekeeping and tell them not to bother us. We did finally get a door tag, but we also unplugged the phone... Internet password cancels out every 24-36 hrs and you have to call the front desk to get a new one... Door lock doesn't work - looks like it's circa 1970... Took 15-20 tries to get into the room. Tried calling for room service at 9:55 (after rushing to get back to make 10pm) and was told it was too late, despite the flier saying "call to order 5-10pm". There are 3 outlets in the room (not counting bathroom) and everything is plugged in w/ extension cords/things to add outlets to the existing room. The fan in the bathroom doesn't work -- so we just left the bathroom door open. AC keeps the room comfortable, but not cool -- we have it set to "60" and it's probably about 73-75. The fan also turns off when on continuous mode. Overall the room needs updating. Today was the final straw. We got back to the room w/ bags and couldn't get into the room at all. I went to the front desk and told the guy working there that the keys wouldn't work. He claimed it was "demagnitized" and stuck it in the machine. He told me I couldn't keep it near other cards, cell phones, etc. I asked him where I was supposed to keep it. As I was walking away he said "Well, I can't keep it for you." I turned around, told him he was rude, and asked for his name. This was the final straw. We're checking out a week early! Also found on their facebook page that if you book for a week through them you get the hotel for $50/night - that's $11/night cheaper than we paid and we called the hotel directly to book.

The room was generally clean (carpets could use a wash walking around getting ready got brand new socks dirty) -- so other than their intense persistence, house keeping does their job. Checked for bed bug evidence on the matress and did not see any.
Just as an FYI The breakfast buffett is coffee entemanns-style donuts, pound cake and english muffins.

Others have mentioned the parties in the bar and the airplanes. In our room you could hear that, but it wasn't much of a problem - more background noise than anything else (we were on the first floor). Near the main office or on the top floor might be a different story.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank roamer025
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed for 1 night in June 2011. I only booked here because it was very cheap using my airline booking company. As it turns out, it wasn't cheap enough. The place is run down, like ten million spring breakers have visited over the years. The man who checked me in was not friendly, borderline rude, and seemed bored to death with his job. The woman who worked in the evenings was very nice, but overwhelmed with the line of people which seemed to grow and grow. My room was actually clean, which is good, but the grounds of the place were pretty gross. Even the pool area was not great, it was just okay. I asked for a quiet room, which they said wouldn't be a problem, but I had to change rooms at about 9pm due to loud noise from party in the club upstairs from the lobby. They said there usually wasn't music on Thursday nights. My original room was vibrating and the noise was unbearable from the club/rave pounding music. The nice lady in the office did move me to the very back of the hotel, and luckily I could not hear the music anymore. Anyone in any room closer probably did not sleep that night from the music, which I assumed went on until the early hours of the morning. The hotel was extremely difficult to access due to weird freeways, one-way streets, and on-ramps. If you miss this one little street, you're off to the airport and a 15-20 minute delay where you have to drive all the way through the airport, turn around, and try to access the hotel coming from the other direction. I missed the turn off again, it's almost impossible to figure out the streets, and it was another 10 minutes until I got on the right track and made the right exit. I have a pretty good sense of direction and just couldn't figure out the streets!! For this reason alone I did not like the hotel. Good hotels are accessible and easy to get to. Also, there is NOTHING within walking distance--no shops, restaurants, gas stations. The beach at Fort Lauderdale is about 15 minutes away, but very easy to get to. The hotel is under a freeway and in a pretty gross location. On the positive side, I will say that the hotel had a pretty decent breakfast served in the restaurant area (continental was free, $3 to add hot foods such as eggs and bacon), and the Hard Rock Seminole Hotel and Casino was only about 10 minutes away. I had a blast there!! As for the Ramada, if you're young and just want to party in the club, you'll be fine. If you want a decent location or peace and quiet, skip this one!! Please email with questions, JenPerna@aol.com.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel to avoid the music.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank JenPerna
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here because the reviews seemed decent back when we booked and the pictures looked decent enough. Its really nothing better than a motel 6. The staff was very friendly though. The rooms was tacky and cheap looking. Dirty carpet old curtains. The pool was nice though and the little pool bar was decent.
The worst part of the stay (we stayed one night before our cruise and one night after) the first night we stayed we were on the top floor, and the airport has construction going on with a runway or something so the air traffic is RIGHT OVER THE HOTEL. I was scared to death the first time I heard a plane (which started about 10pm at night and went all night) I thought for sure a plane was crashing into the hotel. We were not told about any of this and I hadn't seen any reviews when we booked about it. On our stay after the cruise we requested a bottom floor room for this reason. It again started at (10 pm and went all night) My son timed it once and said there were like 6 planes in 3 min or something like that. Staying on the bottom floor is a little bit better but not much!

Room Tip: The
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Misty0925
Reviewed June 12, 2011

The reviews for this place were accurate - close to the airport, generally clean rooms, large sturdy beds with lots of pillows, continental breakfast, free internet access, helpful staff. Great place to stay if you're taking a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale or if you're on a shopping or touring trip.

The only thing that can be improved - more caution with the room cleaning. Found other people's hair on my bedsheets on at least 2 nights and observed 2 baby cockroaches crawling about in the dresser and on the wall. And the cleaning agent used on the toilet left a white powdery residue on the seat which may have been a skin irritant.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Del_Cuore
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed one night before my cruise. They do what they promise. They pick you up at the airport. They feed you breakfast. For an extra $3.00 you get hot bacon & eggs plus the continental breakfast. They take you to your cruise ship the next morning. All for the price of the room. It's an older building that has been repainted and refurbished.....but it's still an older building. I recieved all of the above for about $85 so I think it was worth it. The pool area is a nicely decorated garden area. If you go out the front door of the lobby, turn left and walk about 3 blocks to the streets dead end, there is a very nice restaurant that has an outdoor patio that overlooks the water and several very nice yachts. It is medium priced and has live music with very good food.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends