“Great Delivery, Pizza and the Vodka Penne was YUMMMY!”

Vito's Gourmet Pizza
Ranked #485 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Marina and the food there was terrible so I found this place and they delivered. GREAT FOOD!!!!!! The vodka penne was one of the best I ever had; the thin crust pizza was great as were the sammys.....

I ordered from here at least 4 times during my stay, only bad thing is, they need to check the tickets before sending them out, once never received silverware and once they brought the wrong soda, but the food was very good and deliver until 11pm!!!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I have been eating vito's pizza since I grew up in Rockland county NY. This isn't the same vitos. In fact, it was a horror show.

To start we had calamari which had a hair fried into it and they didn't even apologize.

I paid for it prior to getting the meal, so I never got a refund or asked. At least offer to exchange it.

So we continued on with our meal. Out came our previously frozen eggplant dinners with spaghetti, even though my husband wanted ziti.

The sauce tasted like Ragu. So, we dumped it in a take out box and gave it to a bum down the street. Really, this meal was pathetic.

We will not return and we will spread the word. Vito, if your listening, you should teach your staff to treat the customers better, instead of just throwing out a piece of food with a hair. That was really gross and a terrible way to treat a customer

Reviewed May 20, 2011

We actually ate at the one on 17th street. The service was great, the pizza tasted great and it was a good experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

We were in town, going on a cruise the next day, and wanted to eat at a local restaurant. We found Vito’s Gourmet Pizza tucked away in a shopping center area (address: 1489 SE 17th St. Causeway) and thought that we would try this.

This service was very disappointing. When we placed out order, the staff barely talked to us. We figured that it was because they were busy, but let’s face it, we made the trip to the location, unlike others who were calling orders in… so have a little courtesy and respect for this, that’s all I’m saying.

The food was average--at best. The pasta was undercooked and swimming in canned tomato sauce. How do I know that it was canned? My mother in law is Italian and makes authentic meals from scratch. This food tasted like something I could find at the nearest Fazolis or Pizza Hut (nothing against Pizza Hut or Fazolis, but I wanted authentic Italian food, not something that I could just get anywhere).

While we waited for our food, the staff still did acknowledged us or let us know when the food was ready. They just put the food in front of them, on the counter, instead of bringing it to us (and we were the only ones at the restaurant). We spent over $30 (two people only) for something that we didnt enjoy and could have gotten better elsewhere.

Needless to say, we will not be returning to this restaurant when we come to the area (which is quite frequently).

Reviewed March 17, 2010

My cravings for Vito's pizza warrant a trip to rehab. I'm partial to the spinaci, which I haven't found anywhere else. The crust on all is crispy with pull, somewhere between the doughy puffy mess and crumbly cracker of other pizzaoli. The sauce tastes like pure crushed tomato--no sugary paste as elsewhere. And most remarkably, it's not salty. It doesn't leave one with the parched dehydrated feeling of other pizzas. And when your ingredients are fresh, there's no need to cover up old taste or preserve with excess salt.

Their sandwiches on foccacia were phenomenal, though it's been a while since I can't get past the pizza. I hear they have salads too.

The staff is really cool. They get to know the locals and regulars. They do well with the high traffic they get. I don't know what others complain about, though it's borderline absurd to go online to complain about complaints. My only qualm is it takes a while, so plan ahead. But the pizza is baked slowly in two stages, to make sure it's cooked through and that the crust is golden.

So try it, and enjoy it. But not too often, because I need my fix.

1  Thank DCMike_Hunt