“Excellent No-Rice Sushi Roll”
Review of Tokyo Sushi

Tokyo Sushi
Ranked #394 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'm on a "no carb" diet and decided to see what Tokyo Sushi offered. I started out with the Spinach Itame which was spinach and shitake mushrooms sautéed in garlic butter, sake and soy. Very tasty. They had at least a half dozen "no rice" sushi rolls, so I pick one that allowed me to try two rolls in one. It was called the Virginia Roll and consisted of half K-roll, (Salmon, imitation crab, cream cheese rolled in cucumber served in ponzu sauce and scallions) and half Trudy roll, (Tuna, avocado, masago rolled in cucumber served in ponzu sauce and scallions). It/they were excellent. The sushi was a very good grade and fresh. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We wanted a non fussy place for Sushi family dinner and this place fit the bill perfectly. Food was very good but portions were much smaller than what I am used to in Toronto which is odd considering portions in the USA are huge.

It was very popular with locals which is a good sign.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here several times
The food and service is good. Today I noticed a section on their menu for rolls with no rice. That is a nice option for low carb people.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have sushi regularly and it seemed really hard to find in Florida! This was a wee restaurant that did a full Japanese range of sushi and meals. I went here once for dinner and once for lunch. The prices were reasonable for a restaurant style dining. I had tuna and salmon sushi or sashimi and it was very fresh and well presented. Would recommend for a sit down lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Night before our cruise we decided on sushi and found this place online. We enjoyed everything we ordered. Small but adequate and service was excellent. Will definitely go back on our next trip.