“A lesson for others”

Bistro Mezzaluna Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Mezzaluna Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 17th ST CAUSWAY
Description: Bistro Mezzaluna has been a long time favorite of Fort Lauderdale's discerning local diners and snowbirds alike. Now we are proud to unvail our new magnificant freestanding location at 1821 SE 10th Ave. (just a few short blocks away). Under the watchful eyes of executive chef Anish Rana, we maintain our reputation for well-crafted bistro fare. Add to that an award winning wine list and exceptional service and you will soon see why Bistro Mezzaluna has become synonymous with great dining. The eclectic menu boasts such delights as ; U.S.D.A. prime steaks, homemade pastas and the freshest seasonal seafood including colossal stone crab claws. Each and every dessert is made on the premise. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the seasoned service staff will make you know that you belong.
London, United Kingdom
“A lesson for others”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Mezzaluna was heaving the night we walked in. No matter, said the very welcoming maitre d', have a drink on us at the bar and we will fit you in as soon as we can. Fifteen minutes later, we were seated and ready to order. Friendly, helpful service. A comprehensive menu, but I ordered veal and my wife had sea bass. The cooking, presentation and taste were excellent. This was a no-fault place. So good, I am almost reluctant to return (although I shall) in case they don't get it so right next time. Very highly recommended.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank mickchickuk

Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
“Great place for happy hour as well as your meal”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Love going here for the seafood pasta on special occasions but got to meet friends here for happy hour this summer while working on our beach house. This is a local hangout where you can watch just about anyone show up to pick up takeout from the restaurant (a number of famous people in the area). Extremely friends staff, new owner has kept the quality up. New location is easier to find parking and off the main drag.

Visited July 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great experience here”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great food, fantastic service, great wine suggestion and special touches like making sure we had three spoons to share one large slice of delicious chocolate cake -- you really only need one of these to feed 3! Lunching here with 2 girlfriends was a wonderful experience -- in every respect. Gotta love the lighted menus too! Don't miss this one!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lesley W
Moscow, Russia
“The new/replacement location”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is usually the first restaurant I visit upon arrival via the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. I had not been to Ft. Lauderdale for a few month and went to the old location and it was closed. I do not remember seeing a sign indication they had moved, but I quickly found it via google maps and went to the new location which huge by comparison to the old one. I usually eat and the bar and the new one is also huge by comparison and just has a different vibe which i personally do not prefer, but hey it's their restaurant. They now have a piano player in the bar that is okay to good. There seems to be more distance between the guest and the bartender now and they do not have a good process of delivering food to the bar. I think they used to give it to the bartender and the bartender would serve you. This time the runner from the kitchen delivered the food directly to the guest. The only problem is that they delivered my food to the guest next to me. Only after that guest told the bartender it was not theirs did they move the dish to me, which was a bit weird. The food was great as usual, but the service is not as good. The contents of the bread basket was different that night as well, but maybe it was just my bread basket that was different? I will go back and probably sit at the bar or maybe not. The old bar had more of that intimate feel and the bartenders seemed to know more guests.

• Visited May 2012
Weston, Florida
“A special dining experience!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I just came from Mother's Day Brunch at Bistro Mezzaluna. Our whole family could not have loved it more (eight of us). A rose for each mom, a violinist, amazing service, and an out of this world meal. They came around with all kinds of yummy appetizers-oysters, shrimp, smoked salmon, brushcetta. I had the cream of asparagus soup, which was divine. Everyone loved their salads (pear, caesar, or house). Then they served a choice of a brunch type food-pancakes, quiche, blintzes. Also delicious. And then, another entree! The salmon was moist and delicious, the shrimp risotto, perfect. and the chicken was out of this world. It just kept getting better and better. Dessert-choice of key lime pie, fresh fruit crostada, flourless chocolate plates. All of us had clean plates.

The meal was well paced and the service flawless (my napkin was even re- folded when I returned from the rest room). It is now our favorite restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale!

• Visited May 2012