“You Call that BarBQue?”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Not at all anything like the BarBQue I have eaten before. Originally from Texas, I've had a lot of BarBQue, but never seen or tasted anything like this. Some people may like it, but it was not for me. No one in our party cared for it. Not a bad little place to have a drink on the upper floor with views of the harbor. Overall, pretty disappointed.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Ernie's is on my way into town from the FLL airport and when I land I always want to have a conch chowder on my way into town.
Ernie's is a bit of a hole in the wall, Florida bar with a big deck on the roof. It's popular with the locals who come here for the Bar-b-que. I am not a big Bar-b-que fan so when I come here I come for one thing - the conch chowder with the slices of Bimini Bread. It's a local favorite and I think of all the places who serve it in south Florida, Ernie's is the best! It's got just a perfect amount of kick to it without overwhelming the chowder.
You can enjoy the Florida sun and sit up on the roof or sit in the darker bar area downstairs. It's a little dark and worn, the service is always local, you will be called honey and doll as your order is taken and you are given your food.
Others might tell you to come here for the bar-b-que, but I would tell you to come her for the conch chowder!

1  Thank James S
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just across the road from our hotel. Comfortable casual setting. Clean. Good variety on menu. Friendly waitress. Not too long to wait. Very large servings.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Staying overnight before a cruise. Great place for evening meal. Friendly atmosphere and beer $2 at happy hour. Had stuffed tomato and it was great. Healthy option if watching your weight.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Ernie's was recommended by the Hotel I was staying at as convenient and having good food. Convenient it was, the food was ordinary. I ordered clams and found them tough and greasy. Might I add, the grease flavor was not fresh. Wait staff were pleasant and the deck "roof" area was nice. As a whole, I can not recommend Ernie's.