“Horrible food, a major let down, a great place in the past.”
Review of Ernie's Bar-b-que & Lounge - CLOSED

Ernie's Bar-b-que & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place used to be be a great place that all the locals new about. Great place to eat across the board. Now all the food is terrible. Cold when it should be hot and not well prepared. Someone needs to fire the cooks. I came from out of town and went there twice.Both days were bad.

1  Thank miaeal

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This restaurant serves the worst food I have ever had.

We stopped in to kill some time while waiting to pick someone up at the airport. First impression was that it was empty on a Saturday night. Whenever I see that, I wonder how long the food has been sitting around. Physically, the property is a dump and it smells.

I tried the BBQ beef sandwich. The meat resembled roast beef slices but had a lot of gristle and fat on it. The meat was hard to chew through and had no seasoning whatsoever. Completely tasteless except for the chewy fat. There was "Barbecue" sauce on it. The BBQ sauce was really vinegar with chunky salsa in it. Tasted disgusting. Sent the order back.

The wife-unit ordered the conch fritters. They were a strange color, one not usually associated with conch fritters so I didn't try them. She tried a bite and almost gagged. We disassembled the fritter and could not identify what anything was, especially the dark mass in the center. We sent them back. The waitress behind the bar agreed that the fritters are really bad there.

The service was very slow considering how few people were there. The bartender with the giant fake cans has a snotty attitude and tried to blame us for their horrible food. She's better suited for work in the "Entertainment" industry, but only on the B-shift.

I suppose if you work nearby and want a quick beer after work, it'll do but why bother, the re are a lot of bars in this area. If you decide to try the food, well, you have been warned.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I've been going to Ernie's for over 20 years- first with my grandparents. This is the BEST place in the world for conch chowder, conch fritters and bimini bread! Believe me, at my last visit (in town for business for five days) I ate there twice!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had the BBQ pork on Bimini Bread and conch chowder combination. The pork is BBQ because of the sauce not because of any flavor from cooking the Bimini Bread is unique. Conch chowder was very good kind of like a vegetable soup type. Nothing exceptional here just diner style food. You can sit upstairs under an awning.

Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Bbq pork was sliced and dry. Sauce was not good. Wife's "bbq" chicken was grilled with no seasoning. Sauce on the side. Baked beans were okay. Service was soooooo slow! There was no reason for it because it wasn't busy. Way too expensive too. I would not recommend this place to anyone .