“Eating inside a plane:different, fun with good food and plenty of interesting people”

Anthony's Runway 84
Ranked #142 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place is a real local gem. The people there are friendly and interesting to talk to. It rivals scenes form movies that we all know and love. The service is great. The food is just as good and the atmosphere is a hit. Sitting at the bar you are under a scale model of a plane. Very appropriate for it's name. If you eat in the dinning area you can sit inside an actual plane facade. Very nice touch. The atmosphere is very robust and exciting. Plenty of fun. As I said, the food is great. I had a pasta dish that was outstanding and there was plenty of it. The bartender was very attentive and willing to help in any way she could. This is a place where you can meet people or enjoy a nice cozy night at the bar or at a table. Whichever you prefer, you will not be disappointed. Just a nice place to go that is a little different than the usual restaurant night out. Food, drink, atmosphere and fun. What more could you ask for. A must place to go.

1 Thank coachpapa2020

Plantation, Florida
“Always Great”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We are regulars at Runway and the food, service and atmosphere always keep us coming back for more. Not only is the food consistent and the portions large but the scene is great for people watching and you will often spot a "celebrity". There are not many restaurants here in Broward County that can top Runway.

1 Thank Wayne K
New Hampshire
“Great food, good service.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can tell you are in a good restaurant when it's packed on a Tuesday night. I went in for dinner with a few business colleagues, everything was good from start to finish. Excellent, attentive service. The food was outstanding Italian, I've never had a restaurant give complimentary mussels for a starter, but they were great. The bread and salad were excellent. The porti Everyone loved their dinners. I would recommend this place highly.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude with a side of Salt”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Love the atmosphere its as if you walked into a time warp. Very cool room. Unfortunately I keep going back looking for something great and consistaintly have rude abrubt waiters that barely have the time for you. On our last trip the wrong dishes were brought out twice and both times we were treated like it was our fault. The food portions are huge but consistaintly overly salted. Everyone that I have ever taken here has the 3am runway 84 run to the kitchen for water. Salty, salty, salty.

• Visited December 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“As good as I remembered”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went to Anthony's in 2011 on an overnight stop coming back from a cruise. This time we had a layover at the airport and went there for lunch. It was great. The bread was fresh out of the oven, hot and crispy. I ordered the Italian salad with grilled chicken, and after eating one meatball of the "It's All About the Meatballs" appetizer, I could barely eat half of my meal. B enjoyed his rigatoni immensely. Kelsey, our server, was attentive and friendly.

We recommended Anthony's to some new friends while we were in Florida, and I hope if they got there, their experience was as good as ours.