“Great food, great service, great food...”

Anthony's Runway 84
Ranked #134 of 1,340 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

So very happy I finally tried Anthony's Runway... We were seated immediately for our 6 pm reservation & our waiter Sal was terrific. Comp mussels were very tasty. the olive oil with pecorino romano to dip your bread in was sooo good, and the crusty bread was fabulous. The meatballs were good starting off but the sauce was a bit sweet. The pasta with cauliflower & breadcrumb was totally delicious, perfectly cooked pasta too. Chicken Scarpariello was wonderful. The only thing I can say that was not good was the huge portions. We ordered too much... But, that's good info for the next trip, cause I can't wait to go back. Pleasantly surprised to find a NY style old Italian still doing it right.

There are newer reviews for Anthony's Runway 84

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been here for both lunch and dinner within the last month. The food is excellent, the service was fantastic and the ambiance was outrageous. I've had the Mediterranean Seafood salad, Veal Franchese, and the grilled shrimp and tomato appetizer. The drinks and wine by the glass are very generous, the bread is fresh backed and even without a reservation I was accomodated without a major waite. The atmosphere in the bar area is just way to cool.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Then why do I rate this average? Because both times I went there, I had to wait over 2 hours for an 8PM reservation. This is unacceptable to me. Once seated, the place is great, with excellent food, good service, music, and dance. Usually a very friendly crowd. And I do mean crowd! I'd love to return. If they'd only let me in!!!

1  Thank Dentldoc
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were a party of seven and nobody left hungry, I can tell that much. Very large portions of food. Nice decor, good service. Being from Canada, not used to the large portions of food, so it was good that a few of us did not order main courses as it would have been too much.

1  Thank Cherie R
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Celebrated a birthday here with a party of 15. The service was outstanding and the place was PACKED. The walls are covered with celebrity and famous mob guest that have previously dined there. Too many to name.

PROS:
Cauliflower pasta (house special). Roasted buttery cauliflower on al dente rigatoni. The cauliflower literally melts in your mouth.

Mussels Marinara AND salad come with every entree (huge portion)

LARGE portions

Incredible service!!!

CONS:
I ordered an unsweetened ice tea and it came in a bottle.