“Youll pay for this perfection...”

Eduardo de San Angel
Reserve with OpenTable
Eduardo de San Angel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Bayview Dr.
Description: For more than 20 years serving international with a Mexican infusion cuisine and offering the best service for your pleasure.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Four of us had a great meal here on a Saturday night. Here is how it went...

Service: Very good. Professional server who was personable, too. Waters were always filled. My biggest quam would be the wine bottle wasnt close by and when the ladies were nearing the end of the glass, we had to get up or grab the server to fill the glass. Not a big deal, but wine service at this restaurant is expected.

Atmosphere: Simple. Classy. Low-light, with a small table flame and a good decor that wasnt overpowering.

Food: Outstanding. Started with crab cakes (crab to stuffing ratio was like 10:1), which were excellent, and the sauteed spinach salad (cooked just long enough so the spinach was warm, not wilted) which was topped with a delicious brie-like cheese. For entrees we had the carne asada special (cooked perfectly and a huge portion to boot), mahi-mahi (very tender with a cream sauce) and lamb chop trio (cooked perfected-MR-with delicious side sauces). Oh and the sangria was beautiful, homemade, with enough fruit to give it a great flavor. Desserts we each shared the crepe with caramel sauce (good, but nothing to write home about), chocolate ganache (not "overly" chocolately and a perfect portion), coconut cake (fresh coconut, not too sweet, but sweet enough to know it wasnt from a can) and a meringue-like dessert flavored with kahlua and topped with fresh fruit (amazing)!

In total, for four people, our bill was quite pricey (over $300). We each had a dessert, entree, split two apps, a bottle of wine and a few glasses of sangria. However, the food was delicious and we left stuffed, but not uncomfortable. We would def come back, but unfortunately, its a little too pricey for a "routine" visit. HIGHLY RECOMMEND though!!!

1  Thank Venis3

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The restaurant is tucked in a strip shopping center on the eastbound side of Commercial Blvd. Once you enter, the decor and atmosphere is quaint and intimate. The owner/chef has been in there for 20 years and blends Mexican and international influences into his dishes. I enjoyed one of their specials, the cilantro soup, to start. What a unique blend of flavors with just a little lingering heat. I ordered the "Hollywood" special which was a thick piece of flounder-like fish on top of creamed spinach and fingerling potatoes. It was absolutely outstanding. I also recommend the sangria. The service is very good, as you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber.
A word of caution - peruse the menu before going. While I loved the food and thought the options sounded creative and very interesting, it was not the kind of restaurant my husband enjoys. His palate prefers a steak-and-potato-served-with-a-lettuce-wedge kind of option and that did not exist. That being said, if you enjoy a little twist to the menu, you will enjoy this high quality experience.

1  Thank Meredith G
Reviewed September 27, 2013

No your ordinary Mexican restaurant. No strong flavor. Excellent mix of vegetable and seasonings. Fresh fish and perfect meat cut. Always ask for special of the day. We were ther with some friends and our new baby. They have small room to keep a quiet place for our liter angel. We dont want to leave and just wish for more space in the stomach to continue eating. All the deserts are home made. First time I have an unsweet Dulce de Leche with crepas and espreso ice cream. I cant wait to go again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I have been a Lauderdale-by-the-sea condo owner for over 30 years coming down 3-4 times a year. I visited Eduardo's for the first time last week and we enjoyed one of the best meals we have ever had here. The food, atmosphere and service (Iven our waiter) were first class. The special appetizer shrimp and crab cocktail was to die for. My wife enjoyed a South American white fish and I had the skirt steak specials which were extraordinary. Both were abundant portions. I can't believe I have not been here in all these years but you can bet this is a KEEPER.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a very delicious meal, both appetizers and entrees were prepared to perfection Service was excellent. Very attentive and helpful. We have just moved to the Fort Lauderdale area from New York and are thrilled to have such a wonderful gem of a restaurant right down the street. We will be back!