“My favorite special-occasion restaurant!”
Review of Casa D'Angelo

Casa D'Angelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa D'Angelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,351 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been to Casa D'Angelo twice in the last month and both times were excellent!!!! We had dinner there several times previously and I was surprised that I hadn't sent a review in before. Anyway, we had relatives in town a few weeks ago and there were four of us - one said "best swordfish he had ever had" (it was a special of the night), one said "best steak he had ever had", one said she LOVED her shellfish special of the night, and I loved absolutely everything. Starting from the awesome bruschetta served when you arrive to our prawn appetizers with beans and sauce to my pasta dish with sundried tomatoes and mushrooms - everything was so good. The last time we went it was awesome as well - My husband's steak (off the menu) was so tender and served on top of sauteed mushrooms and onions and greens - a large portion. We had the prawn appetizer and also a salad w/beef slices - my husband's more into the beef, but it was really good. I ordered a pasta dish with angel hair pasta - awesome and not filling, just what I needed because I was really full from the bruschetta and apps. And, let me add this.... We have NEVER encountered a "snooty waiter" - only great servers with excellent serving skills. And while it is a bit more expensive than other places, it is totally worth it!!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Over the years I had heard that this restaurant was very expensive and not worth it. Last week I found that to be untrue. Three friends and I had a great evening there. The service was warm and professional. I'm speaking of waiters who have been serving for many years.... not inexperienced youth. When I asked for a moderate wine recommendation, the waiter suggested a bottle of their reasonably priced house red (about $30). We so enjoyed it we had a second bottle. We each had different starters, they were beautifully presented and we very much enjoyed them. The waiter stopped by the table every so often to ensure we were happy. I ordered a pasta with a veal ragu which was perfectly prepared. Perfectly. And the pasta prices are reasonable. Everything was right. This was one of the best meals I have had in the Ft Lauderdale area. My friends and I will be returning to Casa D'Angelo frequently.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Go here several times a year, always a very enjoyable experience though a bit pricey. Food is among the best meals to be gotten anywhere, service is always wonderful, done in a professional, personable manner.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very consistent and decent Italian food. Always a pleasant experience. Wait staff very helpful. Not cheap by any means, but worth the price.

1  Thank abarasol
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Words could not describe how utterly delicious our meal was. I ordered the fried calamari as an apitizer, pene alla vodka as a main dish, and apple tart for a dessert. The fried calamari was nothing but perfect... very crispy and not chewy! the penne alla vodka left me speechless. Not even in Italy have a tasted something so delicious. The apple tart was just as good as anything.

Service was great.. our server was very funny.
definitely will be back!